Nagravision Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2014

2.7

Vice President Interview

3 interviews + 1 phone interview

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on ip and dvb, business case question, career questions   Answer Question
    email exchanges and phone calls

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nagravision in May 2009.

I got a callback from the hiring manager in Atlanta after I attended the Georgia Tech career fair. He asked if I was willing to move to Gainesville FL for the position which I was. I was then set up for an in person interview at the Gainesville FL office. The company paid for my hotel, gas and meal expenses for the trip. At the Gainesville office I interviewed with the hiring manager as well as with 2 senior engineers. I was asked plenty of technical questions about my previous work experience but did not have to take any test. I was also evaluated (was told this later) on how I got along with the rest of the staff in the office during the interviews and also later when we went out to lunch.

Everyone in the Gainesville office including the manager and coworkers were great. No politics here, just real friendly people who will help you out if you get stuck somewhere. It took them about a week to get back to me and let me know over the phone that I had been extended an offer. Later I went to the Atlanta office to receive the offer letter and also took a brief software engineering test that they have their entry level candidates take (even though I was not entry level they wanted to make sure I had a certain minimum skill). If you know your way around memory addressing and pointers it shouldnt be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your work experience with low level programming.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate their offer at all, however i believe that their initial offer was pretty high in itself.

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nagravision in February 2007.

Not bad very friendly enviroment. Got to know each other and the company. The interview was in a panel format, with question about my experience and also information about the requirement to the Job. The were great they made an offer with in a week and they were very flexible in the start date.

Techlead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nagravision in January 2014.

I applied through a recruiter and I was called for a face to face interview.There were two technical rounds:
    round 1: had few coding problems to solve.Questions I remember were :1.Implement an Arraylist
    2. reverse a number.
    3.Write a code for abstract factory.
    4.was asked a little about spring.very basic

round 2:
    1.immediately after entering the room guy who was interviewing me wanted me to design something.
    2.then he wanted me to write a class exact replica of String class in java.Basically that guy wanted me to write an immutable class exactly like String class.
    3.I was asked about design patterns.was asked to write Singleton.
    4.No questions about my project were asked.

Interview Questions
    • was to implement a class like String class.   View Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nagravision in November 2013.

The recruiter set up a date on a weekday for interview. It was scheduled at noon. I took off for the day. The first technical interview happened on time. The HR person then informed me that the hiring manager had gone out for lunch and will be back after 2 hours. She said I could come back later. I had no option but to wait. When the manager did come some 2 hrs later, there was no apology or anything. He acted like he owned my time. I felt the behavior was very unprofessional and also that they don't have respect for other people's schedule and time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Nagravision in June 2013.

The worst experience ever had in an interview. Went over there on a saturday morning. It looked like a walk-in, though they said that its not. Waited for sometime after which person 1 called me and took my resume. No intro, no smile, no nothing!! After sometime person 2 comes, takes me to a con room, and starts asking abt the project. Yea, thats true. Again, no intro, nothing! When I was explaining he interrupted pretty rudely couple of times and had a tone as if he was interrogating me. Started asking in Linux though I'd told him that I dont have hands on Linux experience. When I said that again, he took a break for 5 mins and came back, and started asking elimination questions. I kept answering though at one point I got pissed off with the attitude and tone, and I simply said that I'm not even gonna try anymore.

I wish the company had trained these ppl on how to interview before calling someone for interview.

I made sure to ask abt the name of the guy who interviewed me and it was SHIVA, who also kept on talking on phone in telugu during the whole interview

Interview Questions
    • nothing very tough. data structures and string manipulation   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheseaux (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheseaux (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nagravision in April 2013.

The process took some time, but communication was clear at all times and the company informed me clearly of delays and next steps. The interviews were long and detailed, and I met with numerous people, but they were all enjoyable and stimulating. I felt very comfortable and the environment was very friendly. In the end, I was made an offer, and after negotiating on a few minor points, accepted the role. I was made to feel throughout the entire process that I was respected and was treated very fairly and kindly. It was really quite enjoyable, and made it easy to say yes when I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I had to prove both my language skills as well as answer some detailed technical questions in order to prove my knowledge, which was completely fair but somewhat of a surprise.   Answer Question
    Some minor negotiation took place on secondary benefits, and the company was flexible and fair as long as I was reasonable.

Software Engineer Interview

F-F asked in C about linked list. They interested mainly in zigbee programming , asked to design a remote control working in zigbee.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nagravision in October 2012.

They will ask more from C and also data structures and also you should have some knowledge of LINUX system.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Nagravision in July 2012.

This was a 1st round technical F2F discussion. To be honest, I think the interviewer did not have basic understanding of Linux concepts. The interview was on C and Linux.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nagravision? Contribute to the Community!