Nakisa

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nakisa in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview in early 2012 for a project management position. It started with an early screening interview with a junior HR employee and continued with an HR leader whose name I do not remember. Screening interview all good and the young HR person seemed very pleasant to talk with.
The second interview, with the HR manager, lasted maybe 30 minutes, possibly less. The most important question came at the end and it is very consistent with the abysmal reviews of this company found here on Glassdoor: "Are you comfortable to work long hours on a regular basis, say 50+ hours per week? I have to ask you because here is the norm". So I replied " As a professional I would be willing to do so on an occasional, emergency-based situation. May I ask you why in your company this is instead considered the norm? What do you think the root causes of this situation are? Is it because of lack of planning that you work an an emergency-basis on a constant basis or what else?".
Indeed she had a hard time to reply. She only could reply " I am just telling you what the reality here is: to answer these questions you should talk to upper management and I could see if anyone would be willing to book such meeting". I said "yes, please, I'd love to talk to one of them". And no need to say, they never called back.

To summarize it all, it is clear that this company does not consider the standard 40 hrs/week enough for their workforce, so they are deliberately under-staffed: this is not the result of the occasional (or even frequent) emergency, it is just a deliberate choice (Walmart comes to mind...). And being all the workforce on a labor contract, it is clear that all the overtime is not paid, so it is basically your kind gift to the company.
Honestly, I think you need to be desperate or, in the best case scenario for them, a junior entering the market to consider working in a company with such a negative culture.

No need to say I never received an offer, and I have no regrets as I would have not considered to work there. I ended up a week after this interview accepting a contract at Bombardier Aerospace: now we talk about a company who respects its workforce!

Sometimes there is a reason why small companies remains such and won't grow: Nakisa is a good example.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable to work long hours on a regular basis, say 50+ hours per week? I have to ask you because here is the norm.   View Answer

Worked for Nakisa? Contribute to the Community!