Nakisa Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nakisa in August 2011.

- The first interview is with HR over the phone.
- Then they will ask you to go onsite. The second day of interview first you have another interview with HR, answering regular HR questions like what are your best and worst features.
- You have to fill a form about your knowledge on different technologies and languages. (you have to rate yourself.)
- The technical interview is usually with Managers of the teams. They are hand in code.

Interview Questions
  • One analytical question was the number of gas stations in US.   View Answer
  • A question about two container of paint, one blue and one Red   View Answer
I gave a number as salary and they told me it was out of their range. Then they offered me another number.

Other Interview Reviews for Nakisa

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nakisa.

4 round of micro-interviews! HR phone interview, HR on site interview (CV, background, typical non-tech questions), technical interview with R&D Managers (Relatively easy and a little bit of code), and interview with the upper manager which is nice but not important.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. They base salary is good, but there is no bonus/raise!

Software Developer Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nakisa.

Phone Interview : brief background check mostly
    HR meeting : basic background questions, main job description, etc
    Technical Interview: with Team Lead, Director of R&D.
    Final meeting with CEO: 15 minutes 1 or two questions from cv

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult rather tricky... a really random question will be asked, i MEAN WILD for example I have to measure the quantity of pins on a warehouse.... how do i know how many people do i need to have.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nakisa in October 2009.

Met the HR head at an on-campus recruitment fair.
    Submitted resume and cover letter via email.
    Got called for an interview.

Interviewed with the HR head for about 30 mins, talked about previous job experience and some behavioural questions including salary requirements. This was tricky as she really wanted me to spit out numbers first and I wasn't able to weasel my way out of it.

Then the head of Software R&D came in and I talked about my Master's thesis and he gave me two technical questions
    * Write and algorithm to find the 5th element from the end traversing the list only once
    * Design a database schema for a library system with different types of media

This was my first technical interview and I messed up at a couple of places
    * What do you know about Nakisa? (I had no clue, I spit out whatever I'd seen on the website. Make sure you research the company and the position)
    * The first tech. question... it is pretty standard but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Easiest is to use a data structure like a stack or maintain 2 pointers.

I got a really negative vibe from the tech guy. He seemed a little cocky and wouldn't help me out on the drawing board, just sat there staring at me. Also, they said .Net & Java but the first thing he asked me was if I was interested in flex programming.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nakisa? Contribute to the Community!