Nalco Energy Services

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services.

I had a great experience and it interviewed with District Manager and maybe the Sales Manager. I learned a lot about the corporate process for hiring. We met at a restaurant and then I was flown to Arizona for a meeting with upper management.

Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services.

Phone- Interview and then I was hired

District Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nalco Energy Services in April 2012.

Found the position through an oil expo. Spoke to the representative and got a call a couple weeks later. They gave my resume to the hiring manager and they were interested in interviewing me. I was interviewed by three different people, an hour each. One person spoke to me about the history of Nalco and its background, the other person talked to me about the technical aspect of the position, and the last person asked me STAR questions. Since this is a field engineer type position, they want to make sure that not only are they interested in you, but that you also are interested in the position. They sent me for a field interview where I shadowed some district representatives for 3 days. Overall, it was a great experience, I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't too difficult. They asked for me to explain Hydraulic Fracturing with detail.   Answer Question

Manager, Business Strategy Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services in September 2011.

Phone conversation, followed by two interviews

Interview Questions
    • Very interested in new technology and willing to listen to expertise / experience.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services in May 2011.

phone interview followed by site interview which included a presentation to research team and managers

Interview Questions
    • Describe your ideal position.   Answer Question
    • In your past role, what have you disliked the most?   Answer Question
    • Do you like to work under pressure (deadlines)?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you respond when you encounter roadblocks in your research or project?   Answer Question
    • What safety lessons have you learned in your previous roles?
      What do you like to do in your free time?

Answer Question
    N/A

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services in June 2010.

Offers are usually made the same day.

Project Sceduling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services in June 2010.

I was called by the agency about the opportunity. A couple days later I had a phone interview with the employer regarding the scheduling project management opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience scheduling in MS Project?   Answer Question
    • What were some the challenges that you had to overcome on a project?   Answer Question
    No I advise them the rate I wanted.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services in May 2010.

One-One-One after phone interview. About an hour. Standard questions. Decision in 3 days.

Unable to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Simple

campus recruitment..no negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nalco Energy Services.

This was a one on one interview with the hiring manager, very little HR involvement other than scheduling the interview. The questions were mostly situationally based with an emphasis on how you can help the organization. No "gotcha" questions.