Nalco

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Fresno, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview. Gave a technical presentation, which was followed by a roundtable discussion with multiple managers, the met with other employees. Interview went well. Was offered the job and was asked, would you accept this salary? Had two weeks to think about it. Accepted salary, then offer was withdrawn without explanation.

Interview Question – Are you OK with moving to Texas?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician IV Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first was contacted based on an employee referral by phone for an initial screening/interview, which lead to an in-person interview with the research lab with the open position. I was met promptly by the hiring manager, and was interviewed by three employees, including the supervising manager, an experienced technician, and another division employee.

Interview Question – How do you attack a problem or challenge? How do you start thinking about it?   View Answer

District Representative Interview

District Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – Low keyed. No typical interview questions. 1 interview before being hired. Quick to interview and make job offer. Not very accurate on job description and resposibilities. Upper management has all of the say as to who gets hired. Middle management has no authority. Not very hard to get a job offer.

Interview Question – No questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer, Water Treatment Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through CareerBuilder.com. Was contacted within a few days for an initial phone interview with an HR rep. Got the usual questions about my work experience, reason for applying, and expected salary range. The next day, I was offered an in-person interview. Travel expenses were reimbursed. The in-person interview a few weeks later consisted of dinner Thursday night with the district manager, and then spending all day with him "on the job" on Friday. He tried to give a taste of each aspect of the job: visits to several current customers, checking equipment and discussing technical issues with the customers, a meeting with a potential new customer who had contacted Nalco, and then some "cold calls" at several local businesses. We met a few of other members of his team throughout the day. It was a fairly enjoyable process, really. I thought it went well, and was really expecting an offer, but it did not come.

Interview Question – When you need someone to do something for you, but you don't have any authority over them (they are a customer or a supervisor or someone in a call center far away), how do you get them to deliver?   View Answer

District Representative Interview

District Representative
Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in June 2013.

Interview Details – Found Nalco Champion through the career services at my university. The interview process started with a phone interview. The recruiter asked generic behavioral questions. She was very friendly over the phone. Asked about relevant experience and discussed jobs on my resume. This was about a 30 minute interview. About a 2 weeks later I was informed that Nalco was interested in an onsite interview at their Sugar Land facility.

During this interview I met with 3 people for an hour each and it lasted about half a day. The first person described the job responsibilities and what would be expected. He gave a very good overview of day-to-day duties, schedule and location. Salary was not discussed and did not ask me any questions. The second person gave a general overview about where the company,more specifically, the division was going. He provided knowledge of "the big picture". He did not ask me any questions. The final person was more interested in personality. He was very down to earth. He asked things about my background including school, hobbies, and experience. He went over my resume in person and asked specific questions about it.

Overall, very good experience.

Interview Question – No technical questions asked. Questions were all simple and behavioral oriented.   Answer Question

Senior Treasury Analyst Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – I've interviewed on two separate occasions for this role and both times were weird interviews. The first time I drove out there for the interview, two people showed up to interview me and then said I was overqualified for the role. Perhaps someone should have read my resume prior to scheduling the interview? The second time I had 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Three were normal. The 4th asked me about treasury systems I had used and after answering the question, commented on the types of banking systems I had used as, in my experience, is usually the follow up question. The interviewer, who was in his 20's or 30's commented (and I quote) "I don't know why older people seem to think that's an accomplishment."

Interview Question – Both of these interviews were several years ago. After the second, I decided I was through sending resumes to Nalco.   Answer Question

Accelerated Sales Engineer Program Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nalco in February 2013.

Interview Details – Long interview. Overall good experience. It took a half a day, met with six different people for a half hour each. Each person had different backgrounds and different personalities. Asked questions that were more behavior based rather then technical questions. Not a difficult interview but can be tiring talking with all of the different interviewers.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer that was choosing between your product and another companies product while the other companies sales person in the same room?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nalco in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing process took several months with multiple personnel. Was a very drawn out process

Interview Question – How do you feel you will fit into our Corporate Structure coming from a much smaller Company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Multiple interviews with different people in Department, to determine one's likeability and job qualifications

Sales Analyst Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in March 2012.

Interview Details – Short phone interview - if pass, then a more detailed 30-45 minute phone interview, if passed then a one hour face to face interview.

Interview Question – If you were to open your own business, what would it be and how would you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Accelerated Sales Engineering Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – Applied online and went through an initial phone interview. Got brought in for a face-to-face full day interview process. Laid back one-on-one interviews, half hour each, for 4-5 hours. Interviewed with old school, engineering-focused salespeople who were concerned with your technical aptitude as well as your desire to sell.

Interview Question – Open refrigerator door in a closed room, what happens to the temperature in the room?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nalco

Worked for Nalco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nalco interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nalco employees and interview candidates.