Nalco Interview Questions

3.1

District Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in March 2010.

Upon submitting resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. Met my future boss at a hotel lobby and interviewed over coffee for around 1 hour, very informal. Approx 3 days later I received an offer letter from HR, accepted it and began the process. Entire process took about 2 weeks to complete. Had to wait for a date for Onboarding classes (happen once/month). About 2 weeks after I was hired they flew me to Naperville, IL for a week to attend Onboarding. Company paid for everything, was issues a P-Card and laptop the first day of training.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to remember, it was several years ago. But I do remember being asked "why should I hire you since you have no experience in the chemical and/or paper industry?"   View Answer
    As my first job outside of the military, (and in the recession time), I did not counter the offer. I should have, but my raises and promotions have more than covered up for the lower starting salary.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Nalco in August 2014.

Interview process took 3 months with a recruiter. Completed the phone interviews, in person interviews, and the ride along. If you like sleeping 4 nights away from home, traveling 99.99% of the time to reach your customers spread out all over the state of Arizona, then this job is for you. There is no work/life balance, so you have to ask your self - "How long can I keep this up?"

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just your basic behavior questions you have already answered at other job interviews - Are you competitive? How are you at handling rejection? Describe a time you failed. Explain your life choices (school, jobs). What accomplishments are your proud of? Why haven't other employers hired you by now? What are you weaknesses? Why NALCO?   Answer Question

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco.

The first interview was over the phone with someone from HR. It was definitely just a checklist on their end, no actual talk about the job. I then heard back the next day to schedule an in-person interview asap, and they were very understanding and flexible as I was currently working elsewhere. The in-person interview lasted 1.5 hours, 45 minutes with 2 separate people. Then another in-person interview a few days later with the same people plus 45 minutes with a director. Everyone was so nice, the interviews felt more like conversations with a few typical interview questions thrown in the mix.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very typical questions like "name your strengths/weaknesses", and "how would you handle this particular situation".   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in June 2014.

4 interviews, 2 Ride Alongs with different levels of management. Positive Experience with the District level management and reps. Senior level management were more abrasive and generally seemed to be a little bitter about previous hire that did not work out.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to justify why I made each decision in my professional and student career going back through high school (at age 30).   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in February 2010.

Technical questions were primarily the root of the interview. They wanted to make sure you had the technical expertise of the job and that you were a team player. The business unit general manager interviewed me as well and asked many questions about team work.

Interview Questions
    • Experience dealing with construction company and how you responded to the issues.   Answer Question
    The phase was very limited in movement in salary or vacation.

Accelerated Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nalco.

The interview process consisted of 8 half hour interviews, speed dating style. Eight candidates are interviewed all at once individually for that half hour. Although there were many interviews, time went by pretty fast. The interviews did begin to get a little repetitive towards the end.

Interview Questions
    • Overall most questions were behavioral questions and questions about resume. A lot of questions about competitiveness.   Answer Question

Regional Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nalco in January 2013.

I interviewed with 2 Area Vice Presidents. It was a unique experience. Very casua and informal.

We did not negotiate

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in February 2014.

Applied online. Had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview. Gave a technical presentation, which was followed by a roundtable discussion with multiple managers, the met with other employees. Interview went well. Was offered the job and was asked, would you accept this salary? Had two weeks to think about it. Accepted salary, then offer was withdrawn without explanation.

Laboratory Technician IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco in October 2013.

I first was contacted based on an employee referral by phone for an initial screening/interview, which lead to an in-person interview with the research lab with the open position. I was met promptly by the hiring manager, and was interviewed by three employees, including the supervising manager, an experienced technician, and another division employee.

Interview Questions
    • How do you attack a problem or challenge? How do you start thinking about it?   View Answer

District Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco.

Low keyed. No typical interview questions. 1 interview before being hired. Quick to interview and make job offer. Not very accurate on job description and resposibilities. Upper management has all of the say as to who gets hired. Middle management has no authority. Not very hard to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nalco? Contribute to the Community!