Nalco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Manager Financial Analyst Projects
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – The first interview was over the phone with someone from HR. It was definitely just a checklist on their end, no actual talk about the job. I then heard back the next day to schedule an in-person interview asap, and they were very understanding and flexible as I was currently working elsewhere. The in-person interview lasted 1.5 hours, 45 minutes with 2 separate people. Then another in-person interview a few days later with the same people plus 45 minutes with a director. Everyone was so nice, the interviews felt more like conversations with a few typical interview questions thrown in the mix.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Very typical questions like "name your strengths/weaknesses", and "how would you handle this particular situation".   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in June 2014.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, 2 Ride Alongs with different levels of management. Positive Experience with the District level management and reps. Senior level management were more abrasive and generally seemed to be a little bitter about previous hire that did not work out.

Interview Question – Asked to justify why I made each decision in my professional and student career going back through high school (at age 30).   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in February 2010.

Interview Details – Technical questions were primarily the root of the interview. They wanted to make sure you had the technical expertise of the job and that you were a team player. The business unit general manager interviewed me as well and asked many questions about team work.

Interview Question – Experience dealing with construction company and how you responded to the issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The phase was very limited in movement in salary or vacation.

Accelerated Sales Engineer Interview

Accelerated Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 8 half hour interviews, speed dating style. Eight candidates are interviewed all at once individually for that half hour. Although there were many interviews, time went by pretty fast. The interviews did begin to get a little repetitive towards the end.

Interview Question – Overall most questions were behavioral questions and questions about resume. A lot of questions about competitiveness.   Answer Question

Regional Administrative Assistant Interview

Regional Administrative Assistant
Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nalco in January 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 Area Vice Presidents. It was a unique experience. Very casua and informal.

Interview Question – There were no formal questions presented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We did not negotiate

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Senior CHEMIST
Fresno, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview. Gave a technical presentation, which was followed by a roundtable discussion with multiple managers, the met with other employees. Interview went well. Was offered the job and was asked, would you accept this salary? Had two weeks to think about it. Accepted salary, then offer was withdrawn without explanation.

Interview Question – Are you OK with moving to Texas?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician IV Interview

Laboratory Technician IV
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first was contacted based on an employee referral by phone for an initial screening/interview, which lead to an in-person interview with the research lab with the open position. I was met promptly by the hiring manager, and was interviewed by three employees, including the supervising manager, an experienced technician, and another division employee.

Interview Question – How do you attack a problem or challenge? How do you start thinking about it?   View Answer

District Representative Interview

District Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nalco.

Interview Details – Low keyed. No typical interview questions. 1 interview before being hired. Quick to interview and make job offer. Not very accurate on job description and resposibilities. Upper management has all of the say as to who gets hired. Middle management has no authority. Not very hard to get a job offer.

Interview Question – No questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer, Water Treatment Interview

Technical Sales Engineer, Water Treatment
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through CareerBuilder.com. Was contacted within a few days for an initial phone interview with an HR rep. Got the usual questions about my work experience, reason for applying, and expected salary range. The next day, I was offered an in-person interview. Travel expenses were reimbursed. The in-person interview a few weeks later consisted of dinner Thursday night with the district manager, and then spending all day with him "on the job" on Friday. He tried to give a taste of each aspect of the job: visits to several current customers, checking equipment and discussing technical issues with the customers, a meeting with a potential new customer who had contacted Nalco, and then some "cold calls" at several local businesses. We met a few of other members of his team throughout the day. It was a fairly enjoyable process, really. I thought it went well, and was really expecting an offer, but it did not come.

Interview Question – When you need someone to do something for you, but you don't have any authority over them (they are a customer or a supervisor or someone in a call center far away), how do you get them to deliver?   View Answer

District Representative Interview

District Representative
Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nalco in June 2013.

Interview Details – Found Nalco Champion through the career services at my university. The interview process started with a phone interview. The recruiter asked generic behavioral questions. She was very friendly over the phone. Asked about relevant experience and discussed jobs on my resume. This was about a 30 minute interview. About a 2 weeks later I was informed that Nalco was interested in an onsite interview at their Sugar Land facility.

During this interview I met with 3 people for an hour each and it lasted about half a day. The first person described the job responsibilities and what would be expected. He gave a very good overview of day-to-day duties, schedule and location. Salary was not discussed and did not ask me any questions. The second person gave a general overview about where the company,more specifically, the division was going. He provided knowledge of "the big picture". He did not ask me any questions. The final person was more interested in personality. He was very down to earth. He asked things about my background including school, hobbies, and experience. He went over my resume in person and asked specific questions about it.

Overall, very good experience.

Interview Question – No technical questions asked. Questions were all simple and behavioral oriented.   Answer Question

Worked for Nalco? Contribute to the Community!