Nalco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.2

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nalco (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview with potential manager, field ride with rep, interview with VP. Everything went well until the interview with the VP. The manager and I were ahead of the game in the interview process, and when I spoke to the VP, the job was recently posted. Per company standards, they like to see more candidates before making a final decision. I am still in the running for the position, it is just going to take another month or so for them to interview more candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nalco in November 2014.

Interview

I my headhunter,Bradley-Morris INC., secured an interview with Nalco chemical at their Providence, RI conference for the position of account manger within their water division in the Greater Hartford, CT area. The interview was approximately 45 minutes in length and was conduct in a hotel suite. The interview was a one on one with the area manger and had a conversational feel. The interview itself left me feeling confused about their level of interest, the job itself, and what i should expect next. By the end of the day I was informed that they were interested in continuing the hiring process. The next step being a one day job shadow of a current account manger in order to allow; me to assess my desire to serve in that capacity, and the account manager to determine if I was a fit. After one week I was contacted by my representative stating that they were working out the details and I should expect further instruction within the next week. That is my current status.

Interview Questions

• What sibling are you closest with? What would they say they like about you most and least?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not recieved an offer yet, as i am still in the process, but if I do I project that I will accept.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nalco.

Interview

Had to jump through a lot of hoops. 2 phone interviews, 3 face to face interviews, and an unpaid workday. It was a pleasant experience and was always kept informed of next steps. Just a lot of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think from this interview would make me hesitate from hiring you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation allowed. It was a take it or leave it type of situation.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nalco (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took 3 months with a recruiter. Completed the phone interviews, in person interviews, and the ride along. If you like sleeping 4 nights away from home, traveling 99.99% of the time to reach your customers spread out all over the state of Arizona, then this job is for you. There is no work/life balance, so you have to ask your self - "How long can I keep this up?"

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Just your basic behavior questions you have already answered at other job interviews - Are you competitive? How are you at handling rejection? Describe a time you failed. Explain your life choices (school, jobs). What accomplishments are your proud of? Why haven't other employers hired you by now? What are you weaknesses? Why NALCO?   Answer Question

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nalco (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with someone from HR. It was definitely just a checklist on their end, no actual talk about the job. I then heard back the next day to schedule an in-person interview asap, and they were very understanding and flexible as I was currently working elsewhere. The in-person interview lasted 1.5 hours, 45 minutes with 2 separate people. Then another in-person interview a few days later with the same people plus 45 minutes with a director. Everyone was so nice, the interviews felt more like conversations with a few typical interview questions thrown in the mix.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Very typical questions like "name your strengths/weaknesses", and "how would you handle this particular situation".   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nalco (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

4 interviews, 2 Ride Alongs with different levels of management. Positive Experience with the District level management and reps. Senior level management were more abrasive and generally seemed to be a little bitter about previous hire that did not work out.

Interview Questions

• Asked to justify why I made each decision in my professional and student career going back through high school (at age 30).   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nalco.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 8 half hour interviews, speed dating style. Eight candidates are interviewed all at once individually for that half hour. Although there were many interviews, time went by pretty fast. The interviews did begin to get a little repetitive towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Overall most questions were behavioral questions and questions about resume. A lot of questions about competitiveness.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nalco (Fresno, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview. Gave a technical presentation, which was followed by a roundtable discussion with multiple managers, the met with other employees. Interview went well. Was offered the job and was asked, would you accept this salary? Had two weeks to think about it. Accepted salary, then offer was withdrawn without explanation.

District Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nalco.

Interview

Low keyed. No typical interview questions. 1 interview before being hired. Quick to interview and make job offer. Not very accurate on job description and resposibilities. Upper management has all of the say as to who gets hired. Middle management has no authority. Not very hard to get a job offer.

Laboratory Technician IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nalco (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I first was contacted based on an employee referral by phone for an initial screening/interview, which lead to an in-person interview with the research lab with the open position. I was met promptly by the hiring manager, and was interviewed by three employees, including the supervising manager, an experienced technician, and another division employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you attack a problem or challenge? How do you start thinking about it?   1 Answer