Namco Pools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Namco Pools in May 2010.

Interview Details – Store manager will meet with you. Ask about your skills.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was happy with offer.

Stock Interview

Manchester, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Namco Pools in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back from an assistant manager about 2 months later for an interview, went in and it was pretty simple. Store manager give you a tour around the store asking you basic question. Finished the interview and eventually I was offered the job.

Interview Question – It was pretty straight up; you pretty much have some passion with pools.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be nervous; look around and that's all.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Namco Pools in March 2011.

Interview Details – Saw a job fair ad for the company, when I went in, I was greeted by a store manager. When I inquired about the job fair, I was told, "Yeah, HR never showed up for it, but I can take your resume". After glancing at my resume, and noticing 10 years experience with their much larger competitor, I was pretty much offered a job as a sales associate on the spot.
After about a month an opening for assistant manager became available at a nearby location. I met with the DM and after a quick discussion of the location and salary, I was offered the promotion.

Interview Question – There were almost no questions, they asked about my previous job, and why I was no longer with them. Their turnover rate was so high, getting experienced employees was basically an instant hire.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Namco Pools in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email after a week for an interview with the store manager. I drove a half hour to the store for an "interview" that lasted 2 minutes. The manager looked at my resume, said I had everything they were looking for, and scheduled me for a meeting with the district manager. The interview with the district manager consisted of him selling the company for a half hour, I got maybe 2 sentences in the whole time.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any questions during either interview, it seemed like they'd hire anyone with retail management experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary was higher than expected so I accepted. I later found out there was room for negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Namco Pools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Namco Pools interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Namco Pools employees and interview candidates.