Nanigans

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Ad Operations Manager
Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nanigans in September 2011.

Interview Details – Don't let the title fool you, you will not be a manager if you apply for the position. It means that you will be managing many clients. Overall, the product is impressive and well built and the company is really interesting but not for me.

Onto the interview. I was contacted via email to schedule an interview in the office. I met with 3 people, the 2 VP of Operations and one Ad Ops Manager. Immediately I was put off with all of their opening lines "You will be in the office until at least 7pm, often times much later." I learned this from all 3 people I met, even before I found out who they were. They talk about how much work the job is as if no one has ever had a job where there is so much work that it can be unmanageable at times and that they hired some people that they shouldn't have because they weren't expecting this much work. I came from a job where I did literally everything for this same position and managed my own clients, calls, analytics etc, in a start up.

Anyway, no one really asked any questions and I kinda felt like I was wasting my time sitting there, trying to figure out why no one knows how to manage their time well enough to be able to leave at a normal time. I found out that because people stay so late, they might come in later. If you come in at 8am you are still expected to leave not before 7pm, so potentially you could be working more hours than someone who comes in around 10am, no respect for people who have different time needs.

Overall, the vibe was not what I was looking for and they seem to want people just out of school who don't know any better. Overall though, the company was great and the people I met with were great, so if this is your style go for it.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Ad Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nanigans.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Nanigans was a joke. The office administrator contacted me through email about my interest in the position and put me in touch with the SVP of Operations and another Ad Ops manager. Everyone seemed very friendly. They had me come interview directly in the office with no phone interview, which I was a little weary of, but decided to move forward. They told me that I would be meeting with 3 different people (the SVP of Ops and 2 Ad Ops managers) and that it would take two hours from 3:30-5:30 so naturally, I took the afternoon off. I get there, the office is extremely small which is expected for a start up so I decided to look past that. It gets worse though. I had to wait about 15 minutes as they had no room to put me in since the office was tiny. They had to kick people having a meeting out of their ONE conference room to interview me. The SVP asked me basic questions, went into details of the role, and then started talking about the ridiculous hours and what they expect which honestly was absurd. He asked if that put up any red flags (obviously a bad sign if the interviewer has to ask that).I didn't even get a chance to finish asking him what I wanted when he said "OK, I'm going to get the next person" which I thought that's fine I can ask him when he comes back at the end. The second person I interviewed with (an Ad Ops manager) was very nice and answered my questions really well. After we were done, she went to get the third person and after 2 mins came back in the room and said he was really busy and that she'd walk me out. The SVP never came back and she had no clue when I should expect to hear back. It was very akward, abrupt, rushed, and unprofessional to say the least. I was only there for 45 mins (if that) even though they told me it'd take two hours.I wasted my time and also wasted my money on parking and public transport. If you don't want to waste your time then I would STAY AWAY from interviewing with Nanigans.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nanigans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nanigans Ad Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Nanigans employees and interview candidates.