Nanometrics Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.3

Asked for phone interview

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nanometrics.

-The employee never gave me a choice on the day or time of the interview so to manage it I cancelled some of my plans.

-The employee scheduled phone interview twice and although I planned accordingly he never called. It would have been nice to receive a heads up so that I don't sit and wait for a call. Eventually I emailed that person and I asked him if he wants to interview me. So on the third attempt he finally called with 40 minutes delay!

-It would have been nice to receive an apology from him but unfortunately he was quite rude.

-The questions were basically what I call as private life issues as they were related to non-technical choices I have taken in life.These questions made me quite uncomfortable and no matter how hard I tried to make the interview more technical I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
    • There was no technical question and basically he was asking personal questions.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nanometrics in April 2011.

phone interview and then on -site with 5 people lasted for 4 hours

Good.

Administration Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Nanometrics.

It was great. Manager was easy to speak to. Knew what she was looking for; got back to me in a timely manner

Great no issues

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Nanometrics in June 2008.

The interview process was typical for an engineer position in which the interviewers asked background information, technical questions, and some personality-involved questions. It lasted half a day (~4 hours) as you meet with 5-6 people. The interview also ran into lunchtime.

Granted the director of the Applications group was also part of the interview process, it is not suggested as his perspective on the hiring is different from the hiring manager. He added more pressure to the interview and included some belittlement to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a 9x9 grid. All numbers need to equal to "1" in every direction.   Answer Question

Worked for Nanometrics? Contribute to the Community!