Nanyang Technological University

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Fellow

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and questions were related to research work. Expectations for the project was discussed. In general, the interview was fine but only because my area of expertise matched with the project.
Took almost 4 months from the interview date till receiving the official offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is better to discuss with the hiring person first rather than wait for the offer. NTU has a strict guideline for research staff salary.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at Nanyang Technological University

Interview Details – There was no interview. Just contact a Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor and check the position opening in advance of application. In the application form, you need to provide three referees.

Interview Question – There was no interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – Waited for more than 1 week after immediate offer during interview, and asked to assume duty the next day. No chance to negotiate salary.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – For research positions, they are on project to project basis. The discretion is given to the PI (Principle Investigators) to hire based on their projected budget. Your salary is pretty much fixed within a range unless you have exceptional skills that is required by the project.

Interviews for the RF position is often more of understanding how you can fit with the project and the ability to carry out the research independently and manage the project for the PIs. You are required to have a lot of discipline and ability to carry out work without much supervision. And that is the key to getting hired in any research

Interview Question – How do you think you can contribute to this project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate as your salary is limited by how much budget the research project has

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in April 2010.

Interview Details – normal interview

Reason for Declining – not interested anymore

Project Officer Interview

Project Officer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – Strong programming and research skill, KPI includes publication (1 journal and 1 conference per annual) as well as helping to build software system performing various machine learning and data analytics task

Interview Question – How to: Handling difficult people as well as explain technically difficult concept to people with little background, perform many tasks at one time with deadlines   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial communication is well and quite easy.
There is only on interviewer, which is the supervisor and Professor in NTU.
The questions are quite relative to the requirements in website.
English is easy to understand.
The following steps are medical examination, register in NUT human resource, working in lab.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at Nanyang Technological University

Interview Details – one lecture demonstration, and research presentation (45min each) / formal interiew with search committee members

Interview Question – details about my research   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was relatively painless. I was living abroad at the time, so it was conducted via Skype. I was interviewed by three faculty members, who gave the interview an informal relaxed feeling, just trying to get a sense of my experience, research interests, and motivations for wanting to be a postdoctoral fellow at NTU.

Interview Question – The research I proposed in my application was very much qualitative research, but I was asked in the interview to provide a way that I could provide a quantitative dimension to it, which was something that I, being a very qualitative researcher, had never considered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for a postdoc offer.
I was simply given the terms (salary, relocation, & research/conference travel allowance) and asked to either accept or decline.

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – Following application and review of CV, NTU invited me for a campus visit. All candidates give a research seminar and go through a full day of interviews with many members of staff.

Interview Question – The questions were all straightforward. At this level, the matching of research interests and background to position already limits the applicant pool.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nanyang Technological University

Worked for Nanyang Technological University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nanyang Technological University interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nanyang Technological University employees and interview candidates.