Nanyang Technological University

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.5

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

The Dean met me in a restaurant. I would be teaching drawing and painting in the new art school. Since the Art School was just opening there was no committee therefore only the Dean interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • They judged my portfolio as to if I was qualified for the job.   View Answer
    We were walking down the street after lunch and I asked him how much he was paying me.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University in June 2011.

Hired after exchange emails with the supervisor. I don't recall being interviewed. This was a temporary position, and there wasn't much competition as the job scope was very specific and narrow, and did not comprise many responsibilities. Personal connections were part of how I got the job.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

The hiring process can take more than 2 months. Be prepared to answer personal questions such as whether you intend to have children or not. You will need to do a comprehensive health checkup.

Research Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

I found the job announcement online and contacted my future supervisor via email. After a couple of days he responded and we arranged an interview. it was a Skype interview. Took about 30 minutes. I got offer after a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. There were about my PHD thesis.   Answer Question

Project Officier Interview

Very general questions in the interview, introduction to yourself, the project you have done, why you are interested in this position, show some understanding of the project. It is very simple interview, and going on very nicely. quite a good experience

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Phone Interview and questions were related to research work. Expectations for the project was discussed. In general, the interview was fine but only because my area of expertise matched with the project.
    Took almost 4 months from the interview date till receiving the official offer.

No negotiation. It is better to discuss with the hiring person first rather than wait for the offer. NTU has a strict guideline for research staff salary.

Research Associate Interview

There was no interview. Just contact a Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor and check the position opening in advance of application. In the application form, you need to provide three referees.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Waited for more than 1 week after immediate offer during interview, and asked to assume duty the next day. No chance to negotiate salary.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

For research positions, they are on project to project basis. The discretion is given to the PI (Principle Investigators) to hire based on their projected budget. Your salary is pretty much fixed within a range unless you have exceptional skills that is required by the project.

Interviews for the RF position is often more of understanding how you can fit with the project and the ability to carry out the research independently and manage the project for the PIs. You are required to have a lot of discipline and ability to carry out work without much supervision. And that is the key to getting hired in any research

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much to negotiate as your salary is limited by how much budget the research project has

Project Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Strong programming and research skill, KPI includes publication (1 journal and 1 conference per annual) as well as helping to build software system performing various machine learning and data analytics task

Interview Questions
    • How to: Handling difficult people as well as explain technically difficult concept to people with little background, perform many tasks at one time with deadlines   Answer Question