Nanyang Technological University

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was fairly easy. The professor already wanted to hire me before the interview so he only asked me briefly about my experiences and all the information he needed to fill out his interview form. After that, I was offered the job in the next few days. The whole hiring process is pretty simple and efficient.

Negotiation Details – The salary depends on the project's funding. The university also set a minimum barrier. There is not much you can negotiate as the funding is normally very tight.

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview Details – First, you have to apply online for the position you are interested.
Second, after online submission, you also need to send the hard copies of your CV and other documents for support.
Third, you have to attend an exam if you dont have TOFEL or GRE
Finally, you may be asked to attend an interview, either online or face to face.

Research Student Interview

Research Student

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Why did you choose to pursue a PhD degree instead of looking for a job directly after graduation?
What do you think it's the most important skills that a research student should have?

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in October 2012.

Interview Details – If contract programmer through consultancy only.

Research Student Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Need to find appropriate professor and research topic

Interview Question – Do you have novelty?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in May 2011.

Interview Details – First, the professor called me for an interview. It was standard questions such as
1. Why are you applying for this position?
2. Why do you want to leave your job?
4. Describe your previous experiences that related to this position
5. What is your weakness?
6. What is your Strength?

Interview Question – The professor ask me to describe in very detail of my previous project about embedded system.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview by a very toxic director who share about her fight with another director from her department. Appear to me that she is trying to get me to side her, right from the start.

Interview Question – I could not comment much on fight that was existing in the department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have not much say, cos everything is in accordance to the salary scale which your is match to your qualification.

Project Officer Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Depending on who you report to, generally the interview process is quite easy

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with supervisor

Interview Question – Question related to your field of study   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in February 2010.

Interview Details – My previous boss recommended me to my current boss (both are colleagues), so I got the interview. The interview process itself was straightforward. I described my expertise and they matched with the requirements of the position. There was not much negotiations on the benefits, since the salary was from a research fund (hence fixed and limited amount of money allocated).

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult question   Answer Question