Nanyang Technological University Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.8

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

I found the job announcement online and contacted my future supervisor via email. After a couple of days he responded and we arranged an interview. it was a Skype interview. Took about 30 minutes. I got offer after a month or so.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. There were about my PHD thesis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nanyang Technological University

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

Phone Interview and questions were related to research work. Expectations for the project was discussed. In general, the interview was fine but only because my area of expertise matched with the project. Took almost 4 months from the interview date till receiving the official offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is better to discuss with the hiring person first rather than wait for the offer. NTU has a strict guideline for research staff salary.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

For research positions, they are on project to project basis. The discretion is given to the PI (Principle Investigators) to hire based on their projected budget. Your salary is pretty much fixed within a range unless you have exceptional skills that is required by the project. Interviews for the RF position is often more of understanding how you can fit with the project and the ability to carry out the research independently and manage the project for the PIs. You are required to have a lot of discipline and ability to carry out work without much supervision. And that is the key to getting hired in any research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate as your salary is limited by how much budget the research project has

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

The initial communication is well and quite easy. There is only on interviewer, which is the supervisor and Professor in NTU. The questions are quite relative to the requirements in website. English is easy to understand. The following steps are medical examination, register in NUT human resource, working in lab.

Interview

Negotiation

variable, need to negotiate with your supervisor

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in August 2011.

Interview

I was fairly easy. The professor already wanted to hire me before the interview so he only asked me briefly about my experiences and all the information he needed to fill out his interview form. After that, I was offered the job in the next few days. The whole hiring process is pretty simple and efficient.

Negotiation

The salary depends on the project's funding. The university also set a minimum barrier. There is not much you can negotiate as the funding is normally very tight.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

My previous boss recommended me to my current boss (both are colleagues), so I got the interview. The interview process itself was straightforward. I described my expertise and they matched with the requirements of the position. There was not much negotiations on the benefits, since the salary was from a research fund (hence fixed and limited amount of money allocated).

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2008.

Interview

get called directly from supervisor. I was not in Singapore at that time, so there was only a phone interview. various questions were asked including basic and advanced questions. questions were all related to the project. so there is no direct comparison for different interviews. asked to provide 3 published papers to prove the ability.

Interview Questions

• describe one major contribution of the published paper   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in October 2008.

Interview

the phone interview took about 1 hour. the interview questions were not very easy. i was firstly asked to describe my previous research experiences. then i was asked to point out the relationship with my previous experience and the research fellow position that i was applying. i was tested on some questions on dsp, programming as well.