Nanyang Technological University

Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

I found the job announcement online and contacted my future supervisor via email. After a couple of days he responded and we arranged an interview. it was a Skype interview. Took about 30 minutes. I got offer after a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. There were about my PHD thesis.   Answer Question

Project Officier Interview

Very general questions in the interview, introduction to yourself, the project you have done, why you are interested in this position, show some understanding of the project. It is very simple interview, and going on very nicely. quite a good experience

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Phone Interview and questions were related to research work. Expectations for the project was discussed. In general, the interview was fine but only because my area of expertise matched with the project.
    Took almost 4 months from the interview date till receiving the official offer.

No negotiation. It is better to discuss with the hiring person first rather than wait for the offer. NTU has a strict guideline for research staff salary.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Waited for more than 1 week after immediate offer during interview, and asked to assume duty the next day. No chance to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

For research positions, they are on project to project basis. The discretion is given to the PI (Principle Investigators) to hire based on their projected budget. Your salary is pretty much fixed within a range unless you have exceptional skills that is required by the project.

Interviews for the RF position is often more of understanding how you can fit with the project and the ability to carry out the research independently and manage the project for the PIs. You are required to have a lot of discipline and ability to carry out work without much supervision. And that is the key to getting hired in any research

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much to negotiate as your salary is limited by how much budget the research project has

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University in January 2014.

The initial communication is well and quite easy.
    There is only on interviewer, which is the supervisor and Professor in NTU.
    The questions are quite relative to the requirements in website.
    English is easy to understand.
    The following steps are medical examination, register in NUT human resource, working in lab.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Following application and review of CV, NTU invited me for a campus visit. All candidates give a research seminar and go through a full day of interviews with many members of staff.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all straightforward. At this level, the matching of research interests and background to position already limits the applicant pool.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University in October 2013.

Need reference from professor to get the job. Really depend on the professor though.
    Depend on your luck cos I got the job offered by prof so practically no interview needed.

Interview Questions
    HR process is time consuming

Research Assistant Interview

One round of interview with professors and research fellows. Basic questions including your research interest, past experience in related area, and willingness to continue a phD study. Normally it is more welcomed for candidates that have plans to be a phD; but there is exceptions, depending on the job. It takes one to two month from submitting application to getting noticed.

Interview Questions
    • Professional questions may be quite specific and require a good knowledge of the area.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview was good. They asked technical questions on .net