Nash-Finch

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nash-Finch

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nash-Finch.

The hiring process included going into the warehouse and stacking cases on a pallet in a certain order, in a set amount of time. The building pallet exercise somewhat resembled the actual work, because if you were able to do that then the actual job would be a piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while, but I don't remember any questions being asked related to the job besides the normal interview questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase, they have a set pay rate for new hires. The starting pay was $11.20 in 2005, and I believe it was over $12.00 in 2011.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nash-Finch in May 2013.

A warehouse walk through and lifting test. They spend a lot of time trying to convince you that its a great company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my family, leading me to mistakenly believe they cared.   View Answer

Not Disclosing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nash-Finch.

Recruited for position...usual battery of questions. Interview focused more on selling why it would be a good place to work

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. In hindsight, should have been a Red Flag, Interviewer focused on convincing me why this is a good place to work and live.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nash-Finch in September 2012.

Large panel interview that lasted one hour. All of the standard questions were asked.
    It took about 5 days to here back. It was not a difficult interview.

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nash-Finch in April 2012.

Discussed the jobs duties and availability