Nasty Gal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

Interviewed at Nasty Gal

Interview Details – The interview was very quick and the interviewer was friendly. Had to fill out a questionnaire. I talked about my background and my interests in working for a fashion brand.

Interview Question – What projects I'd like to do   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nasty Gal.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Manager role. Went through the process quickly. Relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation....   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing

Interviewed at Nasty Gal

Interview Details – HR contacted me for an interview. Same woman interviewed me but didn't recall she had initiated contact. Totally overwhelmed and unorganized. Questions were cookie-cutter interview questions.

Interview Question – I didn't expect to be asked why I contacted them about working there when they contacted me.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Technical Staff Interview

Senior Technical Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Nasty Gal in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two part interview that consists of a phone screen and an on-site meeting: The phone screen is only mildly technical but mostly geared to feel out a candidate's personality. The on-site piece is dominated by a six page written technical test of specious value -- In other words, basic but long. If you are good, you will ace it. Then they double-team you for 20 minutes impromptu. The questions were not contemplated in advance.

It was made clear during the interview that they were focused (perhaps overfocused) on a cycle of status-quo maintenance of legacy, sub-contracted technologies, which is diametrically opposed to what I was led to believe through earlier contacts, like the phone interview. It is possible they were serial interviewing, feeling their way through the process or just looking at factors outside skill, like how one is dressed. (Sorry, had to say that.) And, they were late -- left me waiting in the lobby and having to grab someone for help. (Definitely a sign of disrespect.) Any way it rolls, these guys were not serious.

The office is in a beautiful Art-Deco building west of the Fashion District in Downtown LA. The other employees who range from fashion photographers to office staff are dressed like they stepped out of the pages of Vogue. Even the other IT people looked that way.

Sorry, bad experience. I wish I could get my morning back.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with different types of people outside your technical team or who are remote?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nasty Gal in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took place at an Industrial area of Emeryville, CA. One of the interviewers mentioned they are still establishing their business & will continue to grow their business in the near future. I watched on MSNBC "Your Business" which did a profile on the company and the Founder of the company mentioned they could not hire fast enough.

I had an interview about a week after, with two people. They basically asked me a broad question about employment history, I thought it was too broad but I answered anyway in order of past to current employment. It was obvious to me that I was not being interviewed by someone from HR but just a Manager & co-worker. About a week after, I had received an email noting that they went with another applicant after reviewing thru many candidates. My resume & interview notes will be kept on-file. This business does not seem to be hiring as they claim. And, I did not think this company should have personnel email comments to a potential applicant as if to say the applicant does not have enough background and qualifications when the previous employer they came from was a well established ecommerce company. It's not professional to disqualify applicants and say we'll keep your resume and interview notes on-file. I wonder if the Founder of this company knows how they treat potential applicants. Maybe, it was the fact that I had mentioned a wage/salary amount that was higher than the one the interviewer had mentioned. I had got my wage/salary info. from Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Interview Question – Explain Employment history?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nasty Gal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nasty Gal interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nasty Gal employees and interview candidates.