Natera

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Natera in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by HR after few days for a phone interview. I was then scheduled another interview with one of the scientists the following day. Many technical questions were asked which were very standard.

Interview Question – Asking about coding and IT experiences which were not even on the job requirements/descriptions. I answered as much as I could, and I also let him what I didnt know but I could learn if someone trained me.   View Answer

Administrative Position Interview

Administrative Position

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Natera in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone screen with two people. Was called in for an in person with the same two people. The interview was relaxed and gave me a good impression of the company. I never heard back and sent two emails to the recruiter and never got a response. Very unprofessional recruiting department.

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Natera.

Interview Details – I applied online in January and was contacted about a phone interview with someone from HR in March. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone who asked me some clarification questions and set up an in person interview for the next day. I then went on site for an interview with a panel of CLS's. They asked a few basic technical questions and some behavioral questions.

I was told I would be notified of my application status within three weeks, but never received any word. I emailed the recruiter who originally contacted me- pretty sure she just ignored the email because I never got a reply. Pretty rude, but they are a start up and may not have it together yet.

Interview Question – Please rank the following in order of importance: precision, efficiency, and accuracy. Why did you order them that way?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Natera

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with an HR recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.
The hiring manager did not call at the scheduled time.
I followed up with the HR recruiter who stated that the hiring manager cancelled the interview.
No one informed me of the cancellation.
I consider this a complete lack of professionalism.

Interview Question – Phone interview with HR recruiter was easy and straight forward.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Success Agent Interview

Customer Success Agent
San Carlos, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Natera in February 2012.

Interview Details – They are not selective enough

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Junior Administrative/Receptionist Interview

Junior Administrative/Receptionist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Natera.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. Before the position opened, I was able to speak with the hiring manager and administrative assistant regarding my background and the potential position. Later, I applied for the position online once it became available and went in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager and administrative assistant again. They both were very friendly and gave me a tour of the office and future expansion. The hiring manager was really candid and I liked that she was so honest. After, I had a 1:1 interview with an employee from another department. She was really nice and asked questions about my background and interests. The last interview was a 2:1 interview with employees from the lab. They asked several types of questions all across the board, such as outside interests, past work history and culture, behavioral questions, etc.

Although the work culture may seem relaxed, it does seem like everyone was busy and was rushing to get back to work.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any disagreements with your managers or co-workers? Not even one? I find that hard to believe.   Answer Question
  • Do you hang out with any of your co-workers outside of work?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Carlos, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Natera in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through Natera website, did not hear back so I went in a couple times to let them know I was interested. Had one interview, then a second. I was very impressed by the office and it's employee's

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. I guess it would be "Why do I want to work for Natera?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer letter, and because I knew what salary they would offer, I accepted.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Carlos, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Natera in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is very simple. I applied online and was interviewed just after two days of applying. And was called for F2F interview and was told the position would close ASAP, when I called after couple of days after the interview they told me that it will take time.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were very generic and anybody could answer those questions.   Answer Question

Senior Statistician Interview

Senior Statistician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Natera in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR; phone interview with the head of the stat group; 4 hour interview onsite.

The onsite interview entirely consisted of answering probability questions, a simple statistics question, and a programming question on recursion asked by five different members of the team. The probability questions were mostly conditional probability questions at the advanced undergrad level. Spending a few days working problems from an advanced undergraduate book would probably prepare you well.

The interview was almost entirely focused on the interviewee solving problems. It was a fairly exhausting process.
The interviewers asked few questions about my past work experience
and did not offer much details on what it is like working for Natera or the nature of their jobs. There was little chit chat. Had I been offered the job I'm not sure I would have taken it.

Interview Question – Problems can be found in any probability undergrad. textbook.   Answer Question

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Natera.

Interview Details – Applied online, was emailed the same day. Had a very brief phone interview for which no appointment was made. I went in the following week for an onsite interview, it was with a panel of Research Associates and a combination of technical questions and standard questions were asked. My overall experience was friendly but a bit unprofessional.

Interview Question – In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would you contribute to your group?   Answer Question

Worked for Natera? Contribute to the Community!