Nathan Associates

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nathan Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details – In DC I had an in-person interview at an off-site location. The interviewer seemed not very excited about the job and the type of work RA's do. Her counterpart seemed very strange and not very intelligent, just repeating everything she said. It sounded like RA's were overworked and not much concern was given to balancing workload. She was, however, pretty easy to establish rapport with.

I also had a subsequent phone interview with a higher-up. It was fine, if rather awkward and dull. Pretty typical questions.

All arrangements for the interviews were quite easy.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – No one I met or spoke with at the company impressed me, and the work seemed boring and grueling. I didn't want to waste my time in flying back for the final interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nathan Associates in November 2009.

Interview Details – This hiring process is in regards to Nathan EME. As it is de-centralized hiring, this is specific to my experience with the EME section. I interviewed over the phone for a consultant position advertised on e-financial careers. The phone process was approximately one hour, going over my resume and skill sets, education, etc. The interviewers then told me to visit the DC office, as this would make me more exposed to their work, get face-to-face time with colleagues (as they are located in London and I am in US). After this, they stated they would outline next steps of the hiring process. I went to DC, met with two persons on the staff there, both who were uninformed as to the nature of my visit by the EME office, with the DC staff thinking it was just purely a informational visit. I was told by the EME office to contact them after my DC meetings, which I did in two ensuing emails and phone messages. I have not heard one response. It is extremely unprofessional, and at least, after the effort I took in following their outline of next steps, I anticipated at most a rejection letter. I was really disappointed, not in the fact I didnt get the job, as I received a better offer following, but with the conduct in this process. As EME branch is a small office, it was more negligence rather than bureacracy.

Interview Question – General Resume Questions, Background on Resume and Interests in Development   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nathan Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nathan Associates interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Nathan Associates employees and interview candidates.