National Agents Alliance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Agents Alliance (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A couple of telephone calls. High pressure. If you walk, talk, chew gum and fog a mirror ,not necessarily more than one at a time--you'll do great and make $350,00 a year. So much BS I thought I was at old MacDonald's Farm! When she sent me to their site to fill out demographics and review and sign the contract, she was incredulous that I took the time to read it. Every question I asked about the contract, she became argumentative, and denied that it said what I read back to her. She told me I did not know what I was talking about (after thirty-five years of insurance experience and she's been in the business a long 36 months and she is an Agency Manager for the entire State). She became loud and obnoxious at the end of the call that I did not like the contract and she is literally yelling over the telephone "..there is nothing wrong with the contract. " NOW HAT WAS SCARY! WALK AWAY or better yet...RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN GET FROM SUCH TERRIBLE BUSINESS ETHICS. ! !

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work full time? Do you have your licenses? Where do you live? Do you have any sales experience, etc.   1 Answer

This "Manager" has a personality disorder and I want nothing to do with her or the company. Company uses the word "Upline" and she said I would get more commission and bonuses by recruiting others. Look out MLM!

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Agents Alliance.

Interview

Are in contact with you from the start and email and call you several times before your interview, most likely to gage where your mind is at during the process. The interview itself is long. You take multiple personality tests and then discuss the accuracy with the interviewer, take tours of the company and get introduced to a lot of the employees. Very friendly group of people. Allowed me a week to think about the job and are supportive throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more of a conversation, casual, talked about strengths and weaknesses, what my goal was in life, and why I wanted to be an event planner.   Answer Question

Not in the right location, too much travel agent type planning.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Agents Alliance (Medina, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Got one phone call from someone who told me she was in Asheville at company headquarters, when she was in Fla. She was just seeing if I was still looking for a job. I asked her questions such as if there was an office close I would be working out of to which she answered yes. Bottom line no office you would be a 1099 employee. She set me up with a second interview the next day with a manager who could answer my questions. So I got a call 15 min late and he was just seeing if I had any sales background. If they have your resume as they claimed, they could see my background. So he had another appointment and after talking for under 5 min set up another appointment when I could be by my computer the next day. The next day he was 20 min late for my appointment which right there showed me I was just a number and they could care less. He took me to his web site where he was trying to sell me the job, or that is what it felt like. The first two interviews they were very vague and when asking company names kept saying Davies Company, knowing I would have a hard time finding the correct one online to check them out. When I really started asking questions it came down to the fact that they wanted me to join the National Agents Alliance where I could start my Insurance business, purchase half baked leads from them and really make no money, but they would be charging me. What a scam. No wonder Insurance companies can not find Sales agents, too many of these kind of companies out there taking advantage of people who are desperate for a good job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could sell to people?   1 Answer

Application

interviewed at National Agents Alliance in January 2015.

Interview

Basically you fill out a form online and then they call you for a phone "interview". There wasn't much to it really. They more or less shared the "opportunity", sent me a follow-up email and let me decide.

Interview Questions

After reading the reviews here on Glassdoor (thanks!!!) I decided to decline to avoid the problems others experienced!

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Agents Alliance.

Interview

They use a bunch of false income by stating only their gross income numbers to get you interested. Ask them about their net income and they'll change the subject.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start you at a 55% commission level. This is a joke.

Agent Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Agents Alliance.

Interview

They contacted me then decided that since I had a pulse I would be a good candidate. They proceeded to call me every other day and schedule an interview and other b.s meeting that they thought I should attend. As soon as I got my licensing they drew up a contract.

Negotiation

there was none

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Agents Alliance (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Answered craigslist ad, talked to upline rep, met him at his office, he asked me a few questions, asked me if I wanted part time or full time. Asked me when I could start. Asked me how much money I wanted to make.

Interview Questions

• Are you good on the phone? Do you have an insurance license? Can you pass a background check? Are you currently working?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Agents Alliance.

Interview

Basically none - if you have a pulse and want to be an agent they will "hire" you. Turnover is so high that they take anyone.

Negotiation

There is none. You are an independent agent. As long as you accept that it is 100% commission and you are on your own they sign you up, there is no "hiring".

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Agents Alliance in January 2014.

Interview

Responded to Craigslist ad. Spoke with the person on the phone and he gave a limited explanation of the opportunity. After several conversations and some independent research, have a full picture of the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years   1 Answer

Decided to stay with current employer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Agents Alliance (Burlington, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

They received my resume through a job posting website and called me immediately to interview the next day. The interview was simple, asking me questions about my work and school experiences. It did take them some time to get back to me, but there were a few holidays and special events going on in the company at that time.

Interview Questions

• While meeting the CEO, he made a statement about marketing and I said, "Oh, I know!" He quickly replied, "How do you know that? Explain how you know that."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiations, more a description of the benefits that come after your first 90 days. I would recommend that others ask for a little bit higher salary than what they're offered.