National American University

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National American University in April 2014.

Interview Details – I sent my resume 11pm Sunday night, they emailed to set up an interview Monday morning. I went in a few hours later and met with the campus director and the director of admissions. This was my only interview, I got a call a week later offering me the position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty generic. Sales experience was emphasized and they asked how I handled rejection.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer elsewhere and I was tentative about working for a for-profit university.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National American University in December 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview of 7 candidates. Interviewers were unprepared to conduct the interview. They talked to themselves in front of the candidates several times. Atmosphere was whimiical and quirky.

Interview Question – Do you hate to lose or love to win?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National American University.

Interview Details – They start with a group interview so it's you and however many other interviewees. You are interviewed by the Campus Director (CD) and the Director of Admissions (DOA). You are asked basic questions about are you competitive, how do you feel about being on the phone, etc... They also ask off the wall questions like what is your theme song, or what state would you get rid of and why. After that then you are called back for a personal interview with just you and the CD and DOA. Here they ask more specific questions about your experience and how you handle issues. They again ask off the wall questions like how weird are you. If you pass that part you are then called by a regional person within admissions and that for me was a 5-10 minute call, where I was asked pretty much the exact same questions. I think they just want to hear you on the phone and see if your personality comes thru not just in person since most of your work is on the phone.

Key thing is that it is a type of sales. So if you want the position you need to make sure they know you are competitive but at the same time foster a supportive environment. Also that you are okay with being on the phone and can make 100 dials a day. Also be original in your interview DO NOT piggy back off of another persons answer.

Interview Question – It was something about what is something you are not good at and how do you work around that. Or tell me about a situation that was complicated and difficult but you were able to meet what ever was expected from you. Those are never easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. As I was making WAY less then what they offered I accepted right away. I did not realize the position was sales because they did not mention the real nature of the job so I was shocked at what I was offered but now I realize that it is actually on the low end for what I do but at the same time it's decent money for the area and the job.

Academics Interview

Academics

Interviewed at National American University

Interview Details – three interviews.None of them were thorough. I was deceived about reviews and pay raises. Upon hiring, it was like being in the army. There was no real training at all. Those who interviewed me were almost competing with each other and talked over one another. Very unprofessional

Interview Question – The questions were very banal.   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Admissions

I applied online and interviewed at National American University.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days recieved a phone call for the interview, I interviewed and heard back that day. Interview was no pressure and one of the more pleasent interviews I've experienced

Interview Question – What experience do you have in sales....   Answer Question

Bloomington, MN

I applied online - interviewed at National American University in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, brief phone interview, in-person interview with HR, 2nd interview with potential supervisor. First interview emphasized team-work, ability to adapt and meet goals. 2nd interview emphasized sales, marketing, and prior phone bank experience.

Interview Question – How likely are you to accept the position on a scale of 1-10   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to work for a for-profit university in a sales position.

Admissions Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National American University in April 2013.

Interview Details – They ask some interesting questions, but they make sense in the end. Be creative and have personality and everything goes well.

Interview Question – How weird are you on a scale from 1-10   Answer Question

Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and interviewed at National American University.

Interview Details – Phone interview-pretty easy. In person-was pretty difficult, but they like high-energy, positive people who take on personal accountability. Multiple phone interviews after in-person.

Interview Question – The difference between assertive and aggressive and where you think you lie on the spectrum.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. It was my first job.

Bellevue, NE

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National American University in October 2011.

Interview Details – Its a three part process-Director of Admissions followed by Campus Director followed by the Regional Trainer. They all ask basically the same questions, why are you interested in this position, are you competitive, do you work well under pressure and do you work hard to meet expectations set forth for you.

Negotiation Details – I wish I would have negotiated, some people did and it benefited them.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National American University in January 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview with 2 other candidates. Asked about competition a lot. Emphasized sales of prospective students and retention of current students. They asked "how you would build report with a prospective student and get them interested in pursuing a degree in NAU?"

Stressed on the enrollment of non-traditional students. (Returning students, elderly, etc)

Overall... nice people.

Interview Question – Had us do a "mock sale" to the interviewing committee.
Options were to sell a Gym Membership, Career in the Army, Fraternity/Sorority Enrollment, or to join a Sports Team.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offer was for different location than I was targeting.

Worked for National American University? Contribute to the Community!