National Association of Realtors

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Association of Realtors

Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at National Association of Realtors in April 2010.

Standard

Easy posted salary was offered and accepted

Communication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Association of Realtors in November 2008.

After hearing back from NAR regarding one of the two similar positions I applied for, I went in to interview with a woman from HR. After speaking with her briefly, she took me to a small conference room where I was interviewed by two other people I would be working with.

The interview went well and before I had even been out of the building for more than a half hour, the woman from HR called me back and asked me to come in for a second interview. I agreed to return in a few days.

Upon arrival for my second interview I met in the same room with one of the women I'd met at the first interview and a new person, a man. After talking for about a half hour, we were finished and I was on my way. The next day I sent thank you emails to my interviewers and tried to call HR to clarify something.

I never heard back from anyone. Ever.

The HR woman didn't return 2 phone calls over the course of 3 weeks (one v-mail left on her line and one by phone to her assistant); nor did she return an email request for clarification of a question I had. I found this particularly rude of her because she had offered her contact information should I have any questions. Basically, on my second interview, I gleened that I was called in regarding the other position, something I wasn't ever told. I therefore also was not fully prepared because although they were in a similar field, they were two very distinct jobs with different duties/purposes. So I had called to ask her if I was being considered for one or either of the positions, or if perhaps the jobs were being combined somehow.

Needless to say, I still haven't gotten a response and I don't look highly on their HR department. Potential employees beware... this is how they treat people who aren't even employeed there.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work in a quiet environment?   Answer Question
    • How do you see Twitter being used to advance social media connections for this company?   Answer Question

Worked for National Association of Realtors? Contribute to the Community!