National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.6

S&T Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Then a final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all fit questions. Name 3 people (dead or alive) and not part of your family who you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward first round where 2 individuals have a discussion with you about your background.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard although the people in Sydney took a long time to get the paperwork going. New york is defenitely an outpost and not critical to the overall strategy. The whole process took close to three months. As usual the local HR people are pretty useless.

Interview Questions

• Was all pretty standard. Nothing unusual. They didn't know what they were doing so didn't ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tried to lowball you but there is defenitely room for negotiation.

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very effective

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Service Advisor (Contact Centre) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Docklands (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was relaxed and the recruiters were very nice people. Applied online > Phone interview > Assessment Centre > verbal offer > background checks Phone interview consisted of the usual questions etc. Why NAB? What makes you a good candidate etc Assessment Centre was 2-3 hours long. Introducing yourself to the group, role plays then a one-on-one motivational interview.

Contact Centre Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

First point of contact was a telephone call, which led to the assessment centre group interview. It was a great relaxed environment, it wasn't like a regular group interview. The only group thing done was a short introduction of yourself and where you found out all about the job and NAB. Everyone then went and completed the rest on their own with NAB employees. That could then lead to a job offer and the probity checks. Make sure you check your NAB profile>job application as the status will let you know what's going on eg, Background checks

Direct Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- Efficient recruitment process (Application > Phone Screen > Assessment Centre > Conditional Offer > Probity Checks) - Comfortable and relaxed Assessment Centre and Tour - Interview process was great - involved ice breaker and tour - the interview was straight-forward - Received a call end of the day when I had my assessment centre with offer which was great.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application with the company website, then waited less than 2 weeks for a face to face interview with the department head and HR person. Got a call back with a conditional offer on the same day. The offer is conditioned on final probity check. Employment can commence before final probity check however it's still subject to the final probity result. The probity check can involve answering emails and making calls to previous employers to release your employment records.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you went over and above expectations to serve a client Q: How much discretion do you have when assessing outside guidelines Q: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client / colleague Q: What is your current delegated lending authority?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

Went through a few connections in NAB and got in touch with a Director at the bank. We sent a few emails back and forth, and eventually set up a phone interview (I was too far from their office to interview in person). Most of the questions were fairly typical: why NAB, why the finance industry, elaborate on a few of your experiences, etc. Professional and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any one person, living or dead, to have a conversation with on a park bench, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

After initial phone interview, face to face interview took place with hiring manager and another manager. Interview did not seem prepared and managers were upfront in saying they had not spoken about how they would structure. Questions asked were generic and a couple not really relevant to the role or business area. After the interview did not get any feedback for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No overly difficult questions. Used generic questions.   Answer Question