National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

S&T Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Then a final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all fit questions. Name 3 people (dead or alive) and not part of your family who you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward first round where 2 individuals have a discussion with you about your background.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard although the people in Sydney took a long time to get the paperwork going. New york is defenitely an outpost and not critical to the overall strategy. The whole process took close to three months. As usual the local HR people are pretty useless.

Interview Questions

• Was all pretty standard. Nothing unusual. They didn't know what they were doing so didn't ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tried to lowball you but there is defenitely room for negotiation.

Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very effective

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application with the company website, then waited less than 2 weeks for a face to face interview with the department head and HR person. Got a call back with a conditional offer on the same day. The offer is conditioned on final probity check. Employment can commence before final probity check however it's still subject to the final probity result. The probity check can involve answering emails and making calls to previous employers to release your employment records.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you went over and above expectations to serve a client
      Q: How much discretion do you have when assessing outside guidelines
      Q: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client / colleague
      Q: What is your current delegated lending authority?

Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

Went through a few connections in NAB and got in touch with a Director at the bank. We sent a few emails back and forth, and eventually set up a phone interview (I was too far from their office to interview in person). Most of the questions were fairly typical: why NAB, why the finance industry, elaborate on a few of your experiences, etc. Professional and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any one person, living or dead, to have a conversation with on a park bench, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

After initial phone interview, face to face interview took place with hiring manager and another manager. Interview did not seem prepared and managers were upfront in saying they had not spoken about how they would structure.
    Questions asked were generic and a couple not really relevant to the role or business area.

After the interview did not get any feedback for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No overly difficult questions. Used generic questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Quite a long recruitment process with a lengthy written application, online testing (verbal, numerical, psychometric, personality), video interview and assessment centre. Information provided was quite clear and the Graduate Team replied to my queries swiftly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected, but the interviewers did probe me for additional detail. Make sure you are very well-prepared for the behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Australia Bank (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Informal. They asked simple questions about my past experiences and said I was good fit. They used a mobile to call me to arrange an interview and unlike most big companies, they didn't provide an email confirmation. When I arrived, the place had a very relaxing vibe and the informal interview reflected that too.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just basic ones like what sort of things did I do at my previous workplace and what I liked and didn't like there.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Apply online, Online test, Phone Interview, Second Online test , Face to Face Interview, Background checks, Offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NAB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n negotiation were involves as it was a entry level opportunity .