National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.7

S&T Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Australia Bank.

On-campus recruiting. Then a final round.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all fit questions. Name 3 people (dead or alive) and not part of your family who you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Australia Bank in April 2012.

Very professional and straightforward first round where 2 individuals have a discussion with you about your background.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at National Australia Bank in October 2011.

Pretty standard although the people in Sydney took a long time to get the paperwork going. New york is defenitely an outpost and not critical to the overall strategy. The whole process took close to three months. As usual the local HR people are pretty useless.

Interview Questions
    • Was all pretty standard. Nothing unusual. They didn't know what they were doing so didn't ask any difficult questions   Answer Question
    They tried to lowball you but there is defenitely room for negotiation.

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Australia Bank in January 2008.

Very effective

Smooth

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Went through a few connections in NAB and got in touch with a Director at the bank. We sent a few emails back and forth, and eventually set up a phone interview (I was too far from their office to interview in person). Most of the questions were fairly typical: why NAB, why the finance industry, elaborate on a few of your experiences, etc. Professional and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick any one person, living or dead, to have a conversation with on a park bench, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Australia Bank.

After initial phone interview, face to face interview took place with hiring manager and another manager. Interview did not seem prepared and managers were upfront in saying they had not spoken about how they would structure.
    Questions asked were generic and a couple not really relevant to the role or business area.

After the interview did not get any feedback for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions. Used generic questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Quite a long recruitment process with a lengthy written application, online testing (verbal, numerical, psychometric, personality), video interview and assessment centre. Information provided was quite clear and the Graduate Team replied to my queries swiftly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected, but the interviewers did probe me for additional detail. Make sure you are very well-prepared for the behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Informal. They asked simple questions about my past experiences and said I was good fit. They used a mobile to call me to arrange an interview and unlike most big companies, they didn't provide an email confirmation. When I arrived, the place had a very relaxing vibe and the informal interview reflected that too.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just basic ones like what sort of things did I do at my previous workplace and what I liked and didn't like there.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Australia Bank.

Apply online, Online test, Phone Interview, Second Online test , Face to Face Interview, Background checks, Offer.

Interview Questions
    n negotiation were involves as it was a entry level opportunity .

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at National Australia Bank in May 2014.

Hiring process is quite simple. Just an online application with your information and questions regarding why do you want the role. A few days later you get sent an email with a link to do 3 tests. After that it is the assessment centre stage where you will work with other candidates. After that it is the interview with the manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had an experience where there were issues or strong disagreement among the team members? What did you do?   Answer Question