National Bank of Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.7

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview
    1 on 1 interview
    Interview with Director
    Background check

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

phone, one on one and then panel interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

2 interviews - standard questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Vacation days were negotiable

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

We arrange an interview with the previous intern as well as the manager. We look over the resume, ask what I am capable of. The intern went over the works he's doing and we discusses about some possible role I would have to learn and do.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

So the hiring manager calls me, we setup an interview date. Come interview day, the meeting goes really well and the manager gives me positive feedback.

Then after many unreturned phone calls and emails, the trail goes cold. One week passes, then two, then three. What is up National Bank ??

I'm very disappointed to say the least. Speaking with friends that work at National Bank, not answering the phone and not returning repeated contacts appears to be standard operating procedure for letting a candidate know they are not accepted.

Obviously, I would not apply to work at National Bank again.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions, it was a standard difficulty interview.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

They want to see if you can sell anything to anyone. Cross-selling is really important. All the financial analysis thing is not important. Learn the basic of financials and you will learn it on when you get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Bank of Canada in April 2011.

Interview

Took an hour. it was friendly. Talking about actuality in finance and the reason for 2008 crisis. I don't have more to say because it was long ago and I don't remember.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

First you have to go through the taleo system which is the database where they pick their client from the data base. Then if you get enough points you get call for a phone interview. If they like you then you get summoned for a interview in person. From there sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult situation where you had to help a client and how did you do it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us your worse pet peeve?   Answer Question
    • What would your old boss would say about you if we call him?   Answer Question

Front Line Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview was straightforward. asked questions about resume, where you see yourself, what you know about national bank. A few months later interview with branch manager, they asked questions from a paper, your typical behavioural questions.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Bank of Canada.

Interview

2 interviews, an HR screening interview and then, if you pass that, the real interview: with a director.
    He or she will probably ask the usual stuff, financial knowledge, technical acumen. The more you know, the better, obviously. Depends on your background: if you are financial study technology a bit. If your technical, try to improve your knowledge of financial markets. There's a million books. Pick a few, read them. Learn the stuff. People depend on you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our line of business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty normal, he wrote down a number and I accepted it.