National Bank of Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.4

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy. The are a bit slow to hire a person. They seem not to be in a rush. They dont ask very technical questions but look more a the personality of the future employee.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at the National Bank   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not so much negotiation. The have a salary range for the job they post.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

i walk in and spoke to the manager, the next day i received a phone call for an interview. i did my first one, and then i got an other call for second interview the next day. hiring process take within 2 months

Interview Questions

• your previous experience, how would you handle customers.   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

First you have to go through the taleo system which is the database where they pick their client from the data base. Then if you get enough points you get call for a phone interview. If they like you then you get summoned for a interview in person. From there sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult situation where you had to help a client and how did you do it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us your worse pet peeve?   Answer Question
    • What would your old boss would say about you if we call him?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada in April 2011.

Interview

Took an hour. it was friendly. Talking about actuality in finance and the reason for 2008 crisis. I don't have more to say because it was long ago and I don't remember.

Front Line Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview was straightforward. asked questions about resume, where you see yourself, what you know about national bank. A few months later interview with branch manager, they asked questions from a paper, your typical behavioural questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Ontario, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview Then a one-on-one interview Then a one-on-one with the branch manager. The interviews were very easy but the last interview with the branch manager was something else... He was SO incredibly rude, did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL and after interviewing me, he said he was looking for someone who knows how to build client relations and since ive only worked in big companies he didnt think i could get the job done. I got a call a few days later asking me to come in to sign a job offer and i refused it. If this branch didnt want me in the first place, i wasnt about to accept the positon. Maybe it was my single experience but national bank needs to train their employees on how to give interviews. The people at the branch were also very rude to me, i felt unwelcomed. Glad i dodged a bullet! Never settle for a job, keep searching til you find the right one for yourself where you are treated with respect :)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen Tell me about a time when you didnt finish a task   Answer Question

Rude manager, unwelcoming employees

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada.

Interview

2 interviews, an HR screening interview and then, if you pass that, the real interview: with a director. He or she will probably ask the usual stuff, financial knowledge, technical acumen. The more you know, the better, obviously. Depends on your background: if you are financial study technology a bit. If your technical, try to improve your knowledge of financial markets. There's a million books. Pick a few, read them. Learn the stuff. People depend on you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our line of business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty normal, he wrote down a number and I accepted it.

Commercial Banking Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

They want to see if you can sell anything to anyone. Cross-selling is really important. All the financial analysis thing is not important. Learn the basic of financials and you will learn it on when you get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Very smooth and clear of what the expections where. People are very nice

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Bank of Canada.

Interview

Apply online. Begins with a phone interview usually. Then one-on-one interview with HR..basic behavioral questions. 2nd interview usually with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had many priorities to manage, how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question