National Church Residences

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview Details – Found the position on Craigslist. Contact was made within the week, which turned into a brief phone interview. Formal interview was scheduled within a week of the call. Interview was very casual, yet engaging. I didn't feel as though I was getting the third degree. Conversation was based on the position, what the position entails, how I was qualified and a glimpse into a day in the life.

Interview Question – I don't recall a most difficult question because the interview really just flowed like a conversation, however, still stayed on topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not get what I requested, but I was high balling. The offer was slightly lower than I wanted, but not unreasonable.

Service Coordinator Interview

Service Coordinator
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Church Residences in March 2009.

Interview Details – After responding to ad or post for employment , expect a delay in response so patience is required, keep sending your interest. Initial phone interview telling a bit about yourself and your past experience and why you are interested in the position. Pretty standard and relaxed phone conversation depending on the manager. Computer literacy test will be the next step and is pretty standard and basic knowledge of word, excel, etc. Interview at individual site where the position is and with the director of that location. Mine was relaxed and informative and not at all like a "normal" interview. Expect a wait after this interview again dependant on the NCR management, mine took about 3 weeks to hear the results and be offered a position. If offered a position another wait while mandatory drug test is recieved and results reported. From interview to hire notice about a month and half. Add another month from interest in position and inital sending of your resume. Long process but worth it if hired. There will be a half day training and mine was totally irrelevant to my site. Dress for interview at site should be informal business.

Interview Question – None, all expected or standard why do you want to work for National Church and what are your strongest assets you would bring to the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is a not for profit company and salary is based on grants and budgets of individual sites so there isn't realy a negotiation phase.

Very Easy Interview

Service Coordinator Interview

Service Coordinator
Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed at National Church Residences in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line just by sending a resume. I never completed an application. I had a telephone interview and then and online computer assessment. The assessment, which I did pass, consisted of 35 questions. Many of them were about the parts of a computer and storage media devices which I thought was strange because it was suppose to be an assessment of Word, Outlook and Excel. I was then sent to their clients, two property managers that had no clue as how to conduct an interview. The candidates were not fairly vetted.

Interview Question – All the questions from beginning to end end were standard: Tell me about yourself. What are you a good fit for the position, What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration
Upper Arlington, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at National Church Residences in July 2011.

Interview Details – When I first walked in I was not impressed by the professionalism. The staff was dressed informal all three office visits I had and the office furniture was shabby in the waiting areas. The interviews were easy with standard interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. They had been very persistent with follow-up calls and emails which seemed like a good sign. However, after a 4th interview the head of HR told me a date they would be making the decision and that I would be informed either way. I was never contacted and my follow-up attempts were continuously ignored. After a 4th interview I would expect at least a rejection email or some common courtesy after going through 1 phone interview and 3 office interviews.

Interview Question – Standard Questions   Answer Question

LPN-Charge Nurse Interview

LPN-Charge Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview Details – Was given a phone interview, 2 interviews with higher up nurse and then interview with DON. Hired at the last interview with DON

Interview Question – Most questions were about acuity of residents and multi-tasking. Also on taking charge of nurse aids. Prioitizing. The interview went good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 15.00 an hour, after 1 ear of service i would hae 1.00 raise. At my one year review they gave me a 45cent raise bc 1.00 was not in budget anymore.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Church Residences? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Church Residences interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Church Residences employees and interview candidates.