National Church Residences

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Church Residences

Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was crazy! Had three different interviews and each person assured me I was hired, but I was nervous about three interviews in three weeks plus it was after I left my previous employment

Interview Questions

• The number one question from all three interviewers was how would I deal with negative staff members   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Activity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their recruiting specialist. I had to take an online personality test. I then had two interviews with their Life Enrichment Coordinator. I was told I would be notified one way or another if I was going to be offered the job. It has been over a week and I still haven't heard anything.

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The process took an absurd amount of time. There was months between contacts and disjointed thought process between staff and others. Finally, make it to the final interview where its narrowed down to four people and told and a personal answer would be given with two weeks. However, it was almost a month later and the answer came in the form of a letter. This a great company and the people involved in the interview process were outstanding. However the delays in notification and communication were very slow and frustrating. Although I did not receive the position, I know the company chose the best person to fit their needs. The interview questions were well developed and inquisitive.

Interview Questions

• Would I live on the campus?   1 Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Got called by one Senior Service Coordinator and then interviewed with the manager of the location, who told me I had the job and then had to back-track with the Senior RM told her she could not offer it to me without permission. Changed compensation on me from the manager to the Senior RM's offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they tell you what they are going to pay and you have to take it

Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cudahy, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received a call from Senior Service Coordinator and Regional manager. Was informed that I would receive an email with a personality and skills test. Was sent an exam to take and completed it, A week laters received a call from property manager for an interview met with both managers for properties I was would be working after the interview I received a call the next day that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you associated with this field of work?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Found the position on Craigslist. Contact was made within the week, which turned into a brief phone interview. Formal interview was scheduled within a week of the call. Interview was very casual, yet engaging. I didn't feel as though I was getting the third degree. Conversation was based on the position, what the position entails, how I was qualified and a glimpse into a day in the life.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a most difficult question because the interview really just flowed like a conversation, however, still stayed on topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not get what I requested, but I was high balling. The offer was slightly lower than I wanted, but not unreasonable.

Anonymous Employee in Ballston Spa, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Ballston Spa, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

At the first interview I met with the property manager, he was very nice and straightforward. I was given material to take an online test, that consisted of IQ, personality, education and computer skills after completing it I met with the PM again and the RM by phone. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and I was told they would call within the week. Later that day the PM call and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Education, Background that would qualify me over other candidates. why I wanted to work at this location.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly high starting wage as I was leaving a higher paid job to come and do this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I interviewed at National Church Residences (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied on line just by sending a resume. I never completed an application. I had a telephone interview and then and online computer assessment. The assessment, which I did pass, consisted of 35 questions. Many of them were about the parts of a computer and storage media devices which I thought was strange because it was suppose to be an assessment of Word, Outlook and Excel. I was then sent to their clients, two property managers that had no clue as how to conduct an interview. The candidates were not fairly vetted.

Interview Questions

• All the questions from beginning to end end were standard: Tell me about yourself. What are you a good fit for the position, What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Maintenance Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Spokane, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

3 round face to face interviews taking up all sorts of time they are paranoid about their workers so they will ask you background questions galore. the job is so easy painting and cleaning a 10 year old can do it. So they dont even worry about that part.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stolen money for an elder or placed their life in jeopardy by messing with their drugs.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Arlington, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Upper Arlington, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

When I first walked in I was not impressed by the professionalism. The staff was dressed informal all three office visits I had and the office furniture was shabby in the waiting areas. The interviews were easy with standard interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. They had been very persistent with follow-up calls and emails which seemed like a good sign. However, after a 4th interview the head of HR told me a date they would be making the decision and that I would be informed either way. I was never contacted and my follow-up attempts were continuously ignored. After a 4th interview I would expect at least a rejection email or some common courtesy after going through 1 phone interview and 3 office interviews.