National City

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National City.

Interview Details – Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Question – I do not recall specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Business Banking Officer
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National City.

Interview Details – One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Question – None, standard questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National City in January 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Question – None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Retail Development Associate Interview

Retail Development Associate
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Interview Details – Overall pretty good interview experience. I initially got the interview by applying through my college's website, and then had a phone interivew followed by a weekend long interview process. The phone interivew was a typical behavioral interview, so definitely good to be prepared beforehand.

The actual in person interviews were conducted over a weekend, with a group of people. The first night consisted of a cocktail party, and then the formal interviews the following day. Expect to interview with at least 3 hiring managers throughout the process.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Bowling Green, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National City in December 2009.

Interview Details – Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
interview went very well

Interview Questions

• Tell about experience with cash handling   View Answer
  • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   View Answer

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

Sales and Service Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National City in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone. He explained the general information of the job title. He also went over the salary expectations. I met with two managers one on one, they described the job requirements, which ended up being far from the truth. It was not their fault but what upper management made them say.

Interview Question – How has you past experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had to apply on the web site and take an easy IQ/Personality test of about 25 questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered $40,000 I countered at $45,000 and we settled on $42,000

Investments Interview

Investments
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very thorough, prompt, and explained accurately the process. The interviews with management seemed very general. They would not offer specifics as to obstacles to success, impact of PNC purchase, and balance of responsibilities. After doing some additional research, I found that the position's responsibilties were quite different from the description I received. I felt misled.

I generally liked the people with which I interviewed, but didn't feel confident in their ability as leaders.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic interview questions. Nothing in depth at all.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will be good for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!