National City Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.5

IT Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City.

Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National City.

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions
    based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at National City in January 2010.

phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Questions
    • None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Retail Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Overall pretty good interview experience. I initially got the interview by applying through my college's website, and then had a phone interivew followed by a weekend long interview process. The phone interivew was a typical behavioral interview, so definitely good to be prepared beforehand.

The actual in person interviews were conducted over a weekend, with a group of people. The first night consisted of a cocktail party, and then the formal interviews the following day. Expect to interview with at least 3 hiring managers throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at National City in December 2009.

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions
    • Tell about experience with cash handling   View Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   View Answer

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at National City in January 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone. He explained the general information of the job title. He also went over the salary expectations. I met with two managers one on one, they described the job requirements, which ended up being far from the truth. It was not their fault but what upper management made them say.

Interview Questions
    • How has you past experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in July 2009.

I had to apply on the web site and take an easy IQ/Personality test of about 25 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   View Answer
    They offered $40,000 I countered at $45,000 and we settled on $42,000

Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Recruiter was very thorough, prompt, and explained accurately the process. The interviews with management seemed very general. They would not offer specifics as to obstacles to success, impact of PNC purchase, and balance of responsibilities. After doing some additional research, I found that the position's responsibilties were quite different from the description I received. I felt misled.

I generally liked the people with which I interviewed, but didn't feel confident in their ability as leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic interview questions. Nothing in depth at all.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!