National City

National City Interview Questions

2.5

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at National City in April 2008.

Recruiter was very thorough, prompt, and explained accurately the process. The interviews with management seemed very general. They would not offer specifics as to obstacles to success, impact of PNC purchase, and balance of responsibilities. After doing some additional research, I found that the position's responsibilties were quite different from the description I received. I felt misled.

I generally liked the people with which I interviewed, but didn't feel confident in their ability as leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic interview questions. Nothing in depth at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National City in July 2009.

They conducted a short phone interview before inviting me in for two separate one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one interviews were given on the same day. I heard within a week of the outcome.

No negotiation.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National City in January 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone. He explained the general information of the job title. He also went over the salary expectations. I met with two managers one on one, they described the job requirements, which ended up being far from the truth. It was not their fault but what upper management made them say.

Interview Questions
    • How has you past experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National City in December 2009.

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions
    • Tell about experience with cash handling   View Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   View Answer

Market Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National City in January 2010.

Great culture and people to work for. Very upfront in regards to position and what is expected.

Retail Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National City in April 2008.

Overall pretty good interview experience. I initially got the interview by applying through my college's website, and then had a phone interivew followed by a weekend long interview process. The phone interivew was a typical behavioral interview, so definitely good to be prepared beforehand.

The actual in person interviews were conducted over a weekend, with a group of people. The first night consisted of a cocktail party, and then the formal interviews the following day. Expect to interview with at least 3 hiring managers throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National City in January 2010.

phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Questions
    • None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National City in February 2008.

called by recruiter and passed phone screening, and then set up an interview date with manger and assistant manager and district manager. was asked questions about previous work experience and also questions about my personality and reasons I chose to apply for that position.

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at National City.

Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National City.

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions
    based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at