National City Interview Questions

2.5

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at National City in March 2008.

They called for an interview, scheduled an interview, and then on the day of the interview, cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The cancellation of the interview was the most unexpected experience.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National City in August 2008.

First, I filled out a survey on the internet. This wasn't too long - mostly questions about past experience, associates that are currently employed, and any fraud related crimes. Next was the 1:1 interview which consisted of HR type questions and relevant success stories. Overall, an easy interview with little question as to whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where your felt challenged and overcame obstacles to succeed?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in July 2009.

I had to apply on the web site and take an easy IQ/Personality test of about 25 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   View Answer
    They offered $40,000 I countered at $45,000 and we settled on $42,000

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National City.

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions
    based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at National City in December 2009.

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions
    • Tell about experience with cash handling   View Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   View Answer

Market Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at National City in January 2010.

Great culture and people to work for. Very upfront in regards to position and what is expected.

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Recruiter was very thorough, prompt, and explained accurately the process. The interviews with management seemed very general. They would not offer specifics as to obstacles to success, impact of PNC purchase, and balance of responsibilities. After doing some additional research, I found that the position's responsibilties were quite different from the description I received. I felt misled.

I generally liked the people with which I interviewed, but didn't feel confident in their ability as leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic interview questions. Nothing in depth at all.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National City.

Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!