National Cooperative Bank Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Cooperative Bank

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Cooperative Bank (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. After a phone interview the recruiter for the company setup a 5 hour interview. I was interviewed in a four person conference room and after a brief conversation with the recruiter, I met with who would be my immediate supervisor. The questions were pretty basic, asking about previous experience and qualifications. They emphasized that a cultural fit was very important. I met with about 5 people one-on-one and the third person took me to lunch across the street. The recruited had to leave during the last part of the interview but at closing someone informed me that I should hear back within a few days. I immediately sent thank you notes to everyone and they said the feedback on their end was great. After a few days I followed up and they said because of the holidays they didn't have much feedback yet. This was end of June so I'm not sure on the holiday, but after the forth of July I followed up again. The reiterated that I was a top candidate but because the recruiter just got back from vacation, she didn't have any feedback yet but she would soon. After a few more days I was kind of turned off by how they handled everything and let it go. After a couple more weeks I received a job offer for a similar position, so I thought what the heck and I sent NCB an email letting them know. Again the response was we don't have feedback yet because the recruiter wasn't able to be in touch with the hiring manager but everyone thought highly of me. I believe it's unacceptable to be unable to provide an answer or even a timeline for a decision after 2 months. Keep in mind this was after I was told a decision should be made in a few days because they don't like to keep people hanging. I met with the entire team I'd be working with for 5 hours. Tell me yes, tell me no, but don't tell me that everything was great on your side of the table the day after the interview and then drag it on for 2 months. This was simply unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any especially tough questions because this interview was two months ago.   Answer Question

Vice President, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Cooperative Bank (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

The turnaround time is very fast for desired candidates. The interview process is informal. Not many technical questions were asked. Is this 50 words yet? I don't know why they're making me go through this hoop.

Interview Questions