National Defense University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Defense University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Defense University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly easy process. Write a strong cover letter and resume, and highlight how your interests align with the college/research centers. Added insight: find 2-3 professors that have research interests that are similar to yours and point them out and why you'd like to work with them. Think of it as applying to graduate school. This place is a University, and showing that you did your homework, knowing how/what you can contribute to will really give the Internship Coordinator reason to accept you.

Negotiation

None.

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Defense University.

Interview

Initial communication involved a response to a job posting. A phone interview followed. The process was easy and required minimal paper exchange. Finalization included proper registration for security access to the base. Overall it was an easy and straightforward process, but at higher levels of employment it would definitely get more complex.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly straightforward and relevant to my employment history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Defense University (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. Heard back from the Intern Coordinator that following Monday, saying that she put my information into their system and that I would be contacted by a Research Fellow if their needs aligned with my experiences. Three hours later, I had an internship offer. No interview (although we did have a Skype call a day or two later to go over the position, but I had the position by that point, and it was more of a conversation)!

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at National Defense University (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring took six months from the time I submitted my application to the time I started work. I put in my application on USA Jobs. Then I was called for a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• I was pleased to be asked about some FEMA courses that were on my resume. I never thought they would be note-worthy. I was pleased to see that someone had actually bothered to read my resume.   Answer Question
    • The panel that I sat in front of didn't really ask me lots of questions, which was indicative of the culture. My opinion didn't matter, as long as I continued to nod and smile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was with the HR person. They offered me one amount. I said I was hoping for more, so they offered me a higher amount based on the federal pay scale for which I qualified. It was easy and not stressful.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Defense University in June 2011.

Interview

Contacted staff via email to send info (resume, cover letter, etc.) and later to set up phone interview. Asked basic background questions and then specific questions. Very friendly and courteous work environment, and extremely professional because they are still subject to strict DoD code of conduct. Great environment for an intern to learn about military matters.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Defense University in June 2010.

Interview

A panel interviewed me relative to my experience. They were interested in my knowledge of my region of speciality as well as my functional experience researching and instructing. Although my experience is not as long as they would have preferred, I was able to demonstrate a very concentrated experience.

Interview Questions

• This position would be a big step up for you... how do you know you are ready?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Defense University in August 2009.

Interview

It consists of 5 days interview process which consists of measuring various aspects of your personality & intelligence.It is considered the best interviewing process in India. The interview is called SSB stands for short service commission.It consists of many kind of examinations like written, oral, physical, psychological, aptitude, personality, intelligence, quick decision,etc.

Interview Questions

• your view about the corruption in india compared to the other countries   1 Answer
    • why should we select u & not the others   1 Answer