National Federation of Independent Business

National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

they will hire anybody. everything is a numbers game with them. it is not uncommon for them to have more than 100% turnover in a given year so they'll take a chance on anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said, " We will not pay you anything unless you sell" and I said "OK"

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in December 2009.

Interview

I had to do a personality test first, and according to how they score you on your test they determine if you are right to do this position, then I was contacted for a personal interview and was hired on the spot. Most of the people are professional however, what I was promised as far as territory and amount of renewals wasn't even close to what was promised in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is straight commission, so there is no negotiating other than there is flexibility in the territory that they will assign to you

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Had to drive about 45 minutes away. Pretty basic questions. Interviewer was very professional and nice. I got the impression the job was mine if I wanted it & that they wanted you to ask for it or to really want it. I left feeling like the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to your availability for the next 90 days. In other words, no vacation or travel plans that may have already been made. This includes Christmas time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Olympia, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted by NFIB employment rep who proceeded to explain the company and the "service" they sell. She indicated this was a straight commission based salary with possible bonuses when meeting quotas. Later in interview she asked how I would handle the high rate of potential client rejection!

NFIB Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

interview was very informative. They really want someone that is going to be able to commit to the position. You have to dedicate your time, be informative, but they give you the tools you need to succeed. Also you use your own vehicle without being reimburse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Florence, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

Fill out application, regional recruiter contacts you via email then phone, recruiter coordinates initial contact with division manager, set place, date & time to meet for one on one interview, if both sides agree to move forward in the hiring process schedule/perform a ride along/job sample with a representative in territory close to home, execute a personality test online and if both sides agree then the on boarding process begins.

Interview Questions

• Is Government to big or do we need more Government in our lives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Williamsport, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First you must send your resume to the Human Resources department. They will contact you and ask you a few questions about your resume as well as a few questions based on the job. They will also explain to you that this will be a commission based job and that you control your income based on what you do and how hard you work.

State Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was largely behavioral, asking for my impressions or wide ranging topics and what different ideas "mean to me". My resume was completely ignored, as it was expected that I provide my experience through story telling that fit the interviewer's needs. I felet the interview went well, but was not offered the position.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone contact only describes the postion and acts as a filter to determine if the candidate wants to proceed. This initial contact and the subsequent phone interview were done with the same recruiter whom I never met in person. The phone interview was not complex or difficult. Afterward, I took an online questionnaire/personality profile. A couple weeks later I met a more local district or regional manager for an in-person interview. This interview is the one I rate as difficult. It seemed very methodical in the way I was asked questions. I wouldn't be surprised if all interviews for this same position are the same. If I had been successful in that interview, I would have been asked back for a second in-person interview. But, alas, twas not to be.

Interview Questions

• Role play scenario in which I was asked to read one page of information and then answer questions as though I was a salesperson selling law firm retainers to small businesses.   Answer Question