National Federation of Independent Business

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in January 2010.

they will hire anybody. everything is a numbers game with them. it is not uncommon for them to have more than 100% turnover in a given year so they'll take a chance on anyone.

Interview Questions
    They said, " We will not pay you anything unless you sell" and I said "OK"

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2014.

Contacted by NFIB employment rep who proceeded to explain the company and the "service" they sell. She indicated this was a straight commission based salary with possible bonuses when meeting quotas. Later in interview she asked how I would handle the high rate of potential client rejection!

Field Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in December 2009.

I had to do a personality test first, and according to how they score you on your test they determine if you are right to do this position, then I was contacted for a personal interview and was hired on the spot. Most of the people are professional however, what I was promised as far as territory and amount of renewals wasn't even close to what was promised in the interview.

Interview Questions
    It is straight commission, so there is no negotiating other than there is flexibility in the territory that they will assign to you

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Had to drive about 45 minutes away. Pretty basic questions. Interviewer was very professional and nice. I got the impression the job was mine if I wanted it & that they wanted you to ask for it or to really want it. I left feeling like the job was mine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you commit to your availability for the next 90 days. In other words, no vacation or travel plans that may have already been made. This includes Christmas time.   Answer Question
    there wasn't

NFIB Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

interview was very informative. They really want someone that is going to be able to commit to the position. You have to dedicate your time, be informative, but they give you the tools you need to succeed. Also you use your own vehicle without being reimburse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in November 2011.

Fill out application, regional recruiter contacts you via email then phone, recruiter coordinates initial contact with division manager, set place, date & time to meet for one on one interview, if both sides agree to move forward in the hiring process schedule/perform a ride along/job sample with a representative in territory close to home, execute a personality test online and if both sides agree then the on boarding process begins.

Interview Questions
    • Is Government to big or do we need more Government in our lives?   View Answer

State Director Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in February 2010.

The interview was largely behavioral, asking for my impressions or wide ranging topics and what different ideas "mean to me". My resume was completely ignored, as it was expected that I provide my experience through story telling that fit the interviewer's needs. I felet the interview went well, but was not offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in October 2012.

First you must send your resume to the Human Resources department. They will contact you and ask you a few questions about your resume as well as a few questions based on the job. They will also explain to you that this will be a commission based job and that you control your income based on what you do and how hard you work.

Principal Programmer Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in August 2014.

The process was impressively quick, starting with a phone call with the national director and followed up by a final round two hour onsite interview with same as well as the team members. The interview was a mix of your "standard" software development interview where you are asked increasingly difficult technical questions about the Microsoft Technology stack, personality and management style questions, as well as coding and logic puzzles to solve on the whiteboard. You didn't need to solve the problems completely on your own as they would provide hints if you asked good questions, since they were looking for problem solving skills and how you think on the fly. They also did not ask any technical questions that were unduly difficult but they also didn't ask questions you could have simply looked up on the web ahead of time. The offer followed an hour after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss design patterns, principles, and how to handle various scenarios a team lead would face.   Answer Question

The team, technology stack, and position were great. The compensation and the cost of the medical plan unfortunately were not a fit.