National Financial Partners

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.8

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at National Financial Partners in September 2014.

Sent resume to recruiter online, heard back immediately, had interview within days.

Be prepared to spend a minimum of 3 hours interviewing. I spent 1.5 total with 3 people, as was told by the recruiter I worked with setting up the interview. 1- immediate supervisor, 2- quality assurance manage, 3- supervisor's boss. After that I was invited to "schedule a time to come back and spend time with the team." I knew after meeting with the first person I was not a good fit for the position and was not interested in taking the process further, but agreed to come back a few days later as they said it would take at least another hour and I had to get to work that day. They told my recruiter I REFUSED to meet with a fourth interviewer. UNREAL. They asked me to come back at another time and gave me days and times to chose from! It wasn't a good fit all the way around, just know if you interview to allow for 2-3 hours to complete their process.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Financial Partners in February 2013.

Met recruiter at Campus recruiting event. The recruiter was very enthusiastic about hiring a freshman. Submitted resume on university job board. Invited for interview. The whole organization seems slightly mismanaged, as, in the interview, the interviewer made it pretty clear that the company was not looking for young talent, and, rather, wanted more experienced students.

ILS Fall Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Financial Partners in September 2012.

Apply through university career center and get a first round interview. Two analyst interviewed me in a conference room with basically questions on my resume and background. Then I presented some excel projects I did before. It was easy until my boss walked in and asked about my presentation experiences, which was a little unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions but you should know about the business line they are in.   Answer Question

Web Content Specialist & Web Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Financial Partners in June 2011.

NFP got back to me immediately but did a cold call phone interview without notice. Not a great start but...

In the Phone interview, I was asked why I was no longer at my recent position and my salary requirements. I was then invited to do 1:1 interview a few days later.

The personal interview format was open discussion and the marketing staff member I met with was amazing. I was invited back to do three more interviews the next day, two with management then the marketing team itself.

SOME GENERAL POINTERS:
    1. Do your research and correlate it with your position.
    2. They have a style guide, so they are not looking for rockstar designers.
    3. Be committed to your specialty and be ready to articulate that.
    5. KNOW: This is a NEW department at NFP
    6. BEWARE---although the positions available often require 3-5 years experience, they talk about positions as entry level.
    7. WATCH OUT: Job descriptions are top heavy, and employees complained of work load.

THE TEAM INTERVIEW:
    The team interview is likely going to be the most challenging. The bull-pen is in a dark area of the floor and office space is limited. In the actual discussion, one person started by saying they don't talk much and gave generic answers and didn't seemed too enthusiastic about meeting or welcoming a potential teammate. Another, asked questions irrelevant to the post I desired and interrupted me to explain to what I was saying to other before I finished.

PRO:
    The staff are working to make the best team with some high stakes concerns about growth in a newly created department. Keep low, be prepared, keep it simple and don't get caught up in the 'open-discussion' format.

CON:
    They have combined several positions into one. It may take a lot of your time considering it is an entry level post by the management accounts.

Interview Questions
    • What do you wanna be doing in 5-years and DON'T tell me working at NFP.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Financial Partners in April 2011.

interview was straightforward. all fit questions. they assume you don't know anything so once you get the job, you'll learn everything once again. hiring was easy, quick background check and hr was easy to deal with.

Advisory & Investment Services Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Financial Partners.

On campus interview with hiring manager then on campus interview with Sale Team Manager

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work on the advisory and investment services consulting team?   Answer Question
    Over the phone, no real negotiations. Put offer on table and I accepted.