National Food Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Senior Financial Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Food Group in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn regarding the open position and submitted my resume. I went through a phone interview with HR, an in-person interview with HR and the CFO that I would be reporting to, and a 2nd in-person interview with HR, the CFO, and the President of the company.

Interview Questions

• What did I consider to be the biggest mistake of my career so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy because it was through the recruiter.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Food Group.

Interview

Super excited going into the interview, but highly disappointed. Doing research on the company, the work environment seemed so fun and happy... fun is even one of their core values, and they strive to be the best place to start your career, so going into the interview I was looking forward to the panel of interviewers being happy, friendly, and smiling.. sadly it was none of the above. The main guy doing all the talking was monotone and made no facial expressions what so ever. He just sat there reading questions off his ipad, and occasionally I would be cut off while speaking. They shot off questions like rapid fire, asked if I had any questions and we were done. Super rude, and super disappointing.

Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Food Group (Novi, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted the same day about a phone interview. Had about a 1/2 hour long phone interview with HR. She asked me right away to come in for an in-person interview a week later. I met with HR and the Marketing Manager. Questions were standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you got the opportunity to redo a project, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Food Group (Novi, MI).

Interview

3 step interview. 1-phone, 2-meet with HR and manager, 3-meet with the team

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, a lot of negative questions. Tell me about your biggest mistake, what did you dislike most at previous job, what was the most negative thing you saw on our website?   Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Food Group (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions
    Asked to dress business casual for the interview
    Final interview is video conference with management in MI
    VP/Office Manager unseasoned, unprofessional
    They won't respond to emails or phone calls
    Are obsessed in knowing if candidate knows Outlook and how to setup reminders

Interview Questions

• Did you watch our video on the website?
      What caught your attention when you walked in the office?

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Food Group (Novi, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application, they called me for an initial phone interview, then contacted me by email to set up a one on one interview. Everyone was exceptionally nice, and the reason the position was opening was because they are rapidly expanding.

Make sure you know about the company from their website or you won't get past the phone interview. They offer competitive pay and seem to be very involved in their family atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you couldn't make a customer happy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite part of your last position?   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Food Group (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

They ask you general questions like where do you want to be in five years. Then they ask you personal stuff like if you have kids which is illegal. But they have employees interview you so they don't know HR policies. At least you know who you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate but I regret taking the job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Food Group (Novi, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Contacted by the Director of Business Development via phone. Conversation was very upbeat and the Direrctor was very talkative. I felt that I was being "Sold" on the sales position with the carrot being an unlimited salary potential. After the phone interview, I was asked to visit the Main Office for a Face-to-Face interview which would consist of the Director and up to three members of the management team. The second interview was conducted in a room with two additional management members. Questions seemed routine and interview process was un-eventful. Office personnel and staff that I had contact with were friendly and approachable. Appeared to be a very nice & casual work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-exsistant.