National Fuel Gas Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in July 2014.

Submitted resume first week of June, did not hear back until July 21st which was via email. Set up phone interview for the following week. Was called by HR and phone screening consisted of going over school and current employer information. Set up face to face interview for 2 weeks after that. Face to face interview was short. Interviewed by woman from HR and 2 men (can't remember their names) both whom are very high up in the company. Asked how a previous job would relate to this one, why I was looking to change career paths, and if I had any questions. Took 15 minutes at the most. Was then directed to fill out an application and sign background paperwork. Apparently only people they are considering hiring are asked to do this. If you are asked to just leave and sign out, then you didn't get the job! I was called just under 2 weeks later and offered the position.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Fuel Gas.

They were recruiting on my campus so i submitted my resume. I got called for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by HR and a senior developer. They took turns asking questions related to their job function. I left with the impression that i did a very good job but i did not get a call back for some reason.

Energy Analyst Interview

First interview met with future coworkers, supervisor, and manager. Learned about the company and position. Basic questions that asked about school, previous employment, and computer skills. Second interview met with supervisor, manager, and vice president. Second interview discussed salary.

Field Construction Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in September 2012.

I met with a representative at the school job fair. Proceeded to get an on campus interview. The interview was highly behavioral based given specific instances or situations

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like how would you handle a rude client/customer.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in March 2008.

Phone call for screening, two interviews of attorneys inside at thirty minutes each. The attorneys were rather aloof interviewers who obviously had put little thought into the interview--the age-old "read resume in front of candidate, repeat lines from it with a rising intonation and gently probe further." At the end of the interview, I had very little idea what separated a successful candidate from an unsuccessful one.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in October 2007.

Initially, I met with a HR representative for an on-campus interview. I did well at this interview, which was a standard "tell me about yourself" type of interview, and was asked back for a 2nd interview at the home office with the hiring managers.

After spending about 30 minutes filling out paperwork, I was asked to go upstairs and meet with 2 hiring managers at the same time. During this meeting, I was asked about two things: The Buffalo Bills and Buffalo weather. Nothing was asked about my qualifications or anything regarding the position. Within 15 minutes, I left.

The 2nd interview took place in October, but it wasn't until January that I heard back ANYTHING - and it was only in the form of a general letter. It would have been nice to hear an update from the HR rep.

Luckily, I had secured a much better internship at that point so I didn't care much, but in my opinion, the whole interview process was very unprofessional and I wouldn't have wanted to work for a company like that anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Did you watch the Bills game last week?   View Answer

Worked for National Fuel Gas? Contribute to the Community!