National Fuel Gas

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Fuel Gas.

Interview Details – They were recruiting on my campus so i submitted my resume. I got called for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by HR and a senior developer. They took turns asking questions related to their job function. I left with the impression that i did a very good job but i did not get a call back for some reason.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Energy Analyst Interview

Energy Analyst

Interviewed at National Fuel Gas

Interview Details – First interview met with future coworkers, supervisor, and manager. Learned about the company and position. Basic questions that asked about school, previous employment, and computer skills. Second interview met with supervisor, manager, and vice president. Second interview discussed salary.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Field Construction Supervisor Interview

Field Construction Supervisor
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in September 2012.

Interview Details – I met with a representative at the school job fair. Proceeded to get an on campus interview. The interview was highly behavioral based given specific instances or situations

Interview Question – Behavioral questions like how would you handle a rude client/customer.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Law Clerk Interview

Law Clerk
Buffalo, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone call for screening, two interviews of attorneys inside at thirty minutes each. The attorneys were rather aloof interviewers who obviously had put little thought into the interview--the age-old "read resume in front of candidate, repeat lines from it with a rising intonation and gently probe further." At the end of the interview, I had very little idea what separated a successful candidate from an unsuccessful one.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Fuel Gas in October 2007.

Interview Details – Initially, I met with a HR representative for an on-campus interview. I did well at this interview, which was a standard "tell me about yourself" type of interview, and was asked back for a 2nd interview at the home office with the hiring managers.

After spending about 30 minutes filling out paperwork, I was asked to go upstairs and meet with 2 hiring managers at the same time. During this meeting, I was asked about two things: The Buffalo Bills and Buffalo weather. Nothing was asked about my qualifications or anything regarding the position. Within 15 minutes, I left.

The 2nd interview took place in October, but it wasn't until January that I heard back ANYTHING - and it was only in the form of a general letter. It would have been nice to hear an update from the HR rep.

Luckily, I had secured a much better internship at that point so I didn't care much, but in my opinion, the whole interview process was very unprofessional and I wouldn't have wanted to work for a company like that anyways.

Interview Question – Did you watch the Bills game last week?   View Answer

Worked for National Fuel Gas? Contribute to the Community!