National Futures Association

www.nfa.futures.org

National Futures Association Interview Questions

2.7

Manager, OTC Derivatives Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Futures Association in January 2014.

Online application and e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was clearly a very junior HR person reading a script who had limited experience in futures.

Interview Questions
    • After 25 years in the Futures business including several years on the trading floor, I do not think it appropriate to be asked the very old outdated question "Please give an example of a work conflict and how you resolved it". The HR department is the face to the potential hire. This was not a good experience.   Answer Question

Compliance Examiner Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Futures Association in October 2013.

Normal interview. The interviewer asked 5-6 behavioral questions. Have another person outside room to warm you up. May be asked several questions. After that, will have an office interview with HR people. Get notice 2 weeks before the hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like When is a time that you made a different decisions with others?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Futures Association in August 2013.

I was contacted about phone interview, had phone interview 3 days later, and had in person interview a week after that. Asked to do a writing exercise. Had 2 separate interviews with 2 different people. Was asked a lot of behavioral questions and some substantive questions. Wasn't a bad experience at all.

Staff Auditor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Futures Association.

On campus 30 minute interview where a manager will mostly ask you why you are interested in this type of job and the NFA. If they like you, you are invited to their offices where you will be interviewed by 2 managers followed by a lunch with two staff members. They will inform whether or not you are hired in about 2months after the interviews.

Examiner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at National Futures Association.

I applied online and was contacted first via email about 3weeks later to schedule an initial phone screening. The initial communication was via a phone interview. The hiring coordinator asked me behavioral questions on that fell into five categories: team work, handling conflict within a team, meeting deadlines, leadership and correcting mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you're work was critiqued and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Futures Association in November 2012.

Interview process was kind very basic. First, I had a phone interview where the recruiter asked basic questions, such as what classes have you taken for the position..name a time where you used managerial skills..name a time where you had a conflict and had to resolve it, etc. Then, I had the second interview with 2 Staff Auditors and two managers. You have to write an essay. This second interview is anywhere from 3-4 hours long. Towards the end, it gets tiring and difficult to continue on the conversation with the staff auditors since you cant really veer off subject.

Took another offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

On campus interview then one in their office. Second interview has a writing sample and a "snack" which is really an excuse for the employees who go with you to get a bunch of free food and an afternoon off. Very nice people all around. Takes a very long time to hear back from them and you may have to actively seek updates.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? Not a particularly awful question, but completely honest answers (MONEYMONEYMONEEEEHMOOOONEEEEH) are probably not the way to go.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Futures Association in May 2011.

First I had a one on one "interview" of sorts at the campus career fair. After this they contacted me via telephone for a phone interview asking very general behavioral questions. Then I was invited to a panel interview in which I was asked more specific behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    They gave me great pay for an internship so why negotiate!

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Futures Association in November 2010.

I submitted my resume and cover letter online. I then made an appointment online to schedule the interview. I showed up in professional dress. I participated in a 1 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. It wasn't terribly difficult. It was mostly questions that you would expect in an interview. What's your leadership style? How do you work in a team? The last 5 or 10 minutes was allowed for me to ask questions.

Staff Audtior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Futures Association in November 2010.

Normal interviewing process..

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were involved in a conflict at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question