National Futures Association

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Manager, OTC Derivatives Interview

Manager, OTC Derivatives

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Futures Association in January 2014.

Interview Details – Online application and e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was clearly a very junior HR person reading a script who had limited experience in futures.

Interview Question – After 25 years in the Futures business including several years on the trading floor, I do not think it appropriate to be asked the very old outdated question "Please give an example of a work conflict and how you resolved it". The HR department is the face to the potential hire. This was not a good experience.   Answer Question

Compliance Examiner Interview

Compliance Examiner

I applied through college or university - interviewed at National Futures Association in October 2013.

Interview Details – Normal interview. The interviewer asked 5-6 behavioral questions. Have another person outside room to warm you up. May be asked several questions. After that, will have an office interview with HR people. Get notice 2 weeks before the hiring.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions like When is a time that you made a different decisions with others?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Auditor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Futures Association in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted about phone interview, had phone interview 3 days later, and had in person interview a week after that. Asked to do a writing exercise. Had 2 separate interviews with 2 different people. Was asked a lot of behavioral questions and some substantive questions. Wasn't a bad experience at all.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor I Interview

Staff Auditor I
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National Futures Association.

Interview Details – On campus 30 minute interview where a manager will mostly ask you why you are interested in this type of job and the NFA. If they like you, you are invited to their offices where you will be interviewed by 2 managers followed by a lunch with two staff members. They will inform whether or not you are hired in about 2months after the interviews.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult client?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Examiner

I applied online and interviewed at National Futures Association.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted first via email about 3weeks later to schedule an initial phone screening. The initial communication was via a phone interview. The hiring coordinator asked me behavioral questions on that fell into five categories: team work, handling conflict within a team, meeting deadlines, leadership and correcting mistakes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you're work was critiqued and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview then one in their office. Second interview has a writing sample and a "snack" which is really an excuse for the employees who go with you to get a bunch of free food and an afternoon off. Very nice people all around. Takes a very long time to hear back from them and you may have to actively seek updates.

Interview Question – What motivates you? Not a particularly awful question, but completely honest answers (MONEYMONEYMONEEEEHMOOOONEEEEH) are probably not the way to go.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor I Interview

Staff Auditor I
New York, NY

Interview Details – Interview process was kind very basic. First, I had a phone interview where the recruiter asked basic questions, such as what classes have you taken for the position..name a time where you used managerial skills..name a time where you had a conflict and had to resolve it, etc. Then, I had the second interview with 2 Staff Auditors and two managers. You have to write an essay. This second interview is anywhere from 3-4 hours long. Towards the end, it gets tiring and difficult to continue on the conversation with the staff auditors since you cant really veer off subject.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another offer.

Audit Internship Interview

Audit Internship
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Futures Association in May 2011.

Interview Details – First I had a one on one "interview" of sorts at the campus career fair. After this they contacted me via telephone for a phone interview asking very general behavioral questions. Then I was invited to a panel interview in which I was asked more specific behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me great pay for an internship so why negotiate!

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview process with one interview on campus while the second round was in the office. Candidate must show strong interest/experience with either auditing, accounting, derivatives, etc.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Staff Audtior Interview

Staff Audtior
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2010.

Interview Details – Normal interviewing process..

Interview Question – Name a time when you were involved in a conflict at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Futures Association

Worked for National Futures Association? Contribute to the Community!