National Futures Association

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview then one in their office. Second interview has a writing sample and a "snack" which is really an excuse for the employees who go with you to get a bunch of free food and an afternoon off. Very nice people all around. Takes a very long time to hear back from them and you may have to actively seek updates.

Interview Question – What motivates you? Not a particularly awful question, but completely honest answers (MONEYMONEYMONEEEEHMOOOONEEEEH) are probably not the way to go.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and cover letter online. I then made an appointment online to schedule the interview. I showed up in professional dress. I participated in a 1 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. It wasn't terribly difficult. It was mostly questions that you would expect in an interview. What's your leadership style? How do you work in a team? The last 5 or 10 minutes was allowed for me to ask questions.

Interview Question – What's your leadership style?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2007.

Interview Details – The first round was an on-campus interview. They were the standard interview questions. "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict, was the leader, managed yourself when you had a lot going on." If you do some research about the company and what they do, you'll be fine. You'll get a 2nd round offer if you have decent questions (ask about forex).

The 2nd round still shouldn't be intimidating. If you are not in the Chicago area, they will fly you in or pay for your millage and standard expenses (includes parking, excludes gas)

You start with being told about the benefits. Then you have a writing test (How can NFA reduce costs while still expanding oversights? answer: more testing in their office). Then you interview with two employees who supervise people at lower levels. The questions are the same as the 1st round. The final portion is a lunch or snack with employees that will be closer to your (most likely) hiring level. Don't get tricked, this is still part of the interview process! These people are still evaluating you and they write up an analysis of your meal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you succeeded   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you struggled and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Nearly all employees come straight out of college. They might negotiate with 5% of the interviewees. But those are the people that are far too overqualified to be there in the first place. Think an I-Banking internship and then applying for a non-profit / quasi-government job. They won't match the salary those people want, so don't even waste your time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Futures Association

Worked for National Futures Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Futures Association Staff Auditor interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Futures Association employees and interview candidates.