National General Insurance

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National General Insurance in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume, then was contacted shortly after for a phone interview with who eventually turned out to be my manager. Completed a quick phone interview then he asked if I could come in for a face to face interview the next morning. Went in and met with 3 different people, about an hour and a half long total. Came home and got the call with the offer that same afternoon.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Claims Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied the last week in March. Phone interview the next week. In person the day after the phone interview. Job offered later that day. Very fast as they are looking to fill a handful of positions.

Met with 2 people and took 1 hour to go over BBI. Some personal stuff and chit chat. Then met with 2 more people and did the same exact thing with only 2 different questions. The 2nd set of people grilled a bit more. Overall it was exactly what I expected. I did not prepare other than knowing that I was going to have to be very specific with the examples and I was forced to make up a couple of answers.

Interview Question – Are you aware of our negative reviews?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked during the interview what my expectations were and they were open about with me and said it was inline.

Claims Representative
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National General Insurance in May 2012.

Interview Details – -Talked on the phone for about 5 Minutes briefly about resume and to schedule an interview.
-Interview was with two people. The questions were basic: How did your friends see you in college, how you dealt with a difficult situation, strengths, weaknesses, Where would you like to be in your career five years from now, What were the responsibilities of your last position?, how do you deal with a difficult customer, what do you consider good customer service, etc.
-The interview was pretty easy. The people were nice. The office seemed very empty though.

Interview Questions

Claim Representative Interview

Interviewed at National General Insurance

Interview Details – The standard behavioral questions like have you ever had too much work to do and how did you handle it

Interview Question – They typical what is your biggest opportunity.   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National General Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a telephone interview and two face-to-face interviews. The face-to-face interviews entailed behavioral based questions, with 2-3 managers and about 1 hour long for each.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what pro-rata settlements are? Can you give an example?   Answer Question
  • They gave me an accident scenario, then asked me what I would need for my investigation and to give my liability assessment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Interviews for Top Jobs at National General Insurance

Worked for National General Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National General Insurance Claim Representative interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by National General Insurance employees and interview candidates.