National General Insurance

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National General Insurance.

Situational questions. Best work experience? worst customer experience? Name a time you had to go against company policy to do what you felt was right? You could probably Google situation interview questions and they would show up.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against company policy to do what you felt was right? Felt like a trick question.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate entry level salary.

Bilingual Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance in August 2014.

I received the call to take an assessment three weeks after I submitted my application. When I arrived to the building I was instructed to sit in an empty lobby and dial a phone number at a phone that was located in the room. I dialed the number and the floor manager came to greet me. He took me to a desk where I took a one hour test on the computer to gauge my customer service abilities. The gentleman who greeted me seemed a bit unprofessional because he was talking to me about his kids parent teacher conferences, but it was not offensive or off putting. His friendliness helped calm my nervousness. After I passed the assessment I had an interview immediately after taking the test. The manager was very engaging and friendly and it was easy to answer his questions. He instructed me that the next interview would be over the phone from the corporate office in Ohio. Four days later I received the scheduled interview call and there were two ladies that interviewed me. Both were very respectful. They asked me typical interview questions such as a time when I dealt with a difficult customer and a time where I went over and beyond for a customer.

Interview Questions
    • What the difference between great customer service was and WOW customer service was.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance.

Meet with a number of managers. During my interview, someone actually told me not to work here. I thought they just felt sour for the company. Unfortunately i did not listen to them.

I negotiated with HR.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National General Insurance in August 2013.

It is easier to get an interview if referred by a employee. The interview was good, asked basic questions about your job history and what can you contribute to their company.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance.

Applied the last week in March. Phone interview the next week. In person the day after the phone interview. Job offered later that day. Very fast as they are looking to fill a handful of positions.

Met with 2 people and took 1 hour to go over BBI. Some personal stuff and chit chat. Then met with 2 more people and did the same exact thing with only 2 different questions. The 2nd set of people grilled a bit more. Overall it was exactly what I expected. I did not prepare other than knowing that I was going to have to be very specific with the examples and I was forced to make up a couple of answers.

Interview Questions
    • Are you aware of our negative reviews?   View Answer
    They asked during the interview what my expectations were and they were open about with me and said it was inline.

Field Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance.

The current process has changed since the closure of the local offices. However, when I hired in the process was very basic. I received a call from the hiring manager for the area. From there I submitted a formal application and was hired. I entered the company with experience and also knew several people there from a prior employer, so most people were very kind and generous in regards to being helpful, kind and knowledgeable. At the same time, almost all the people are no longer with the company...for good reason, or extensive lay offs.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at National General Insurance in November 2012.

The interview process involved a half-hour phone interview, followed a few weeks later by a series of in person interviews of varying length that took up almost an entire day. Some of the interviewers were mostly interested in getting a sense of personality, work ethic, and business knowledge; others asked detailed technical questions. Most interviews were one-on-one, though a few had two people.

Interview Questions
    • It was several months ago, but some of the in-depth questions involved 'what would you expect from such-and-such a type of business', or 'what procedure would you use to handle this situation'. Mostly it was standard fare.   Answer Question
    There was definitely some room for negotiation, but tolerance for it dropped off after a certain point; they seemed to have a concrete idea on what they were and weren't willing to pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National General Insurance.

Simple but times have changed from 5 years ago

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance in September 2012.

I was an internal transfer from another department so I don't know that the interview process would be the same as someone that does not work for NGIC. However, I was called and did a quick phone interview and set up a face to face interview with a claims regional manager and another manager. I then interviewed with another manager and got called within a few days with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one particular question that caught be off guard.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate.

Bodily Injuery Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National General Insurance in September 2012.

Interviewed for one hour with two managers and the regional. Was offered the job. I was asked about my capacity to handle a high work load. The entire process took about three days.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted a workload projection. How many claims could I handle per week/month?   Answer Question
    They made an offer of a high dollar amount and I accepted.