National General Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called by the HR Director and participated in about a 30 minute phone screen. I was advised at the end of the call that I would be receiving a call to schedule an on-site interview. I had my on-site with first the HR Director and then with the Senior Corporate Recruiter and HR Coordinator together. The last interview was with Call-Center leads in claims and sales together. After the process was completed, I received a voice-mail providing feedback about a week later from the HR Director

The first two interviews with the HR team were very comfortable and conversational. I had the opportunity during these interviews to explain my skills and qualifications as they relate to the role and learn more about the company and several exciting initiatives they had planned.

However, the last interview with the hiring managers that this individual would be supporting was very intense. I received very little interaction and feedback with them during the questioning portion. This interview consisted of several very detailed behavioral based questions with no feedback upon providing an answer. The interviewers spent most of the time writing and talking between each other when they were not drilling questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a week to come up with 30 candidates for our next claims class. What do you do?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Through recruiter. The recruiter found my resume on line, called and said there was this opportunity in GMAC IT department. then asked me some general questions, then told to wait her next phone call. One day late, she called telling they would want me to have a on-site interview. After two day, I met the whole team on site. A few easy tech questions and behavior questions. toured around the building. It's a nice building. Big office area.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National General Insurance (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Situational questions. Best work experience? worst customer experience? Name a time you had to go against company policy to do what you felt was right? You could probably Google situation interview questions and they would show up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go against company policy to do what you felt was right? Felt like a trick question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate entry level salary.

Bilingual Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance (Ontario, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received the call to take an assessment three weeks after I submitted my application. When I arrived to the building I was instructed to sit in an empty lobby and dial a phone number at a phone that was located in the room. I dialed the number and the floor manager came to greet me. He took me to a desk where I took a one hour test on the computer to gauge my customer service abilities. The gentleman who greeted me seemed a bit unprofessional because he was talking to me about his kids parent teacher conferences, but it was not offensive or off putting. His friendliness helped calm my nervousness. After I passed the assessment I had an interview immediately after taking the test. The manager was very engaging and friendly and it was easy to answer his questions. He instructed me that the next interview would be over the phone from the corporate office in Ohio. Four days later I received the scheduled interview call and there were two ladies that interviewed me. Both were very respectful. They asked me typical interview questions such as a time when I dealt with a difficult customer and a time where I went over and beyond for a customer.

Interview Questions

• What the difference between great customer service was and WOW customer service was.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Meet with a number of managers. During my interview, someone actually told me not to work here. I thought they just felt sour for the company. Unfortunately i did not listen to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated with HR.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National General Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

It is easier to get an interview if referred by a employee. The interview was good, asked basic questions about your job history and what can you contribute to their company.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied the last week in March. Phone interview the next week. In person the day after the phone interview. Job offered later that day. Very fast as they are looking to fill a handful of positions.

Met with 2 people and took 1 hour to go over BBI. Some personal stuff and chit chat. Then met with 2 more people and did the same exact thing with only 2 different questions. The 2nd set of people grilled a bit more. Overall it was exactly what I expected. I did not prepare other than knowing that I was going to have to be very specific with the examples and I was forced to make up a couple of answers.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of our negative reviews?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked during the interview what my expectations were and they were open about with me and said it was inline.

Field Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National General Insurance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

The current process has changed since the closure of the local offices. However, when I hired in the process was very basic. I received a call from the hiring manager for the area. From there I submitted a formal application and was hired. I entered the company with experience and also knew several people there from a prior employer, so most people were very kind and generous in regards to being helpful, kind and knowledgeable. At the same time, almost all the people are no longer with the company...for good reason, or extensive lay offs.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at National General Insurance (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved a half-hour phone interview, followed a few weeks later by a series of in person interviews of varying length that took up almost an entire day. Some of the interviewers were mostly interested in getting a sense of personality, work ethic, and business knowledge; others asked detailed technical questions. Most interviews were one-on-one, though a few had two people.

Interview Questions

• It was several months ago, but some of the in-depth questions involved 'what would you expect from such-and-such a type of business', or 'what procedure would you use to handle this situation'. Mostly it was standard fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was definitely some room for negotiation, but tolerance for it dropped off after a certain point; they seemed to have a concrete idea on what they were and weren't willing to pay.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National General Insurance (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted application. Was called in for an interview. Basic sales position interview. Discussed my sales techniques, insurance background, why I wanted the position, my income expectations and ability to get additional licenses.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are a hunter or a farmer?   1 Answer