National Geographic Channel

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Geographic Channel

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at National Geographic Channel.

Applied online through the Fox career portal. I applied to multiple positions. In about a week, I received a follow up email and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was nothing out of the ordinary and mainly allowed me to walk the interviewer through my past experiences. Some follow up questions asked about my skills that were specific to the position. The interviewer was incredibly personable and made the interview feel more like a conversation. I heard back in a week and was offered the position. I did not negotiate pay.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions out of the ordinary. Generally asked to describe experiences through open ended conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Social Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Geographic Channel in August 2012.

I found the position for the freelance social media associate position through mediabistro.com. To apply, all I had to do was send my resume and a cover letter to their e-mail. Although I didn't receive a confirmation, about a week after I sent my message, I received an e-mail asking me to come in for an in-person interview.

When I came in for the interview, I first had a 10 minute meeting with the manager of the department. She asked me to tell her about myself and explain my resume. She then explained what they were looking for in a candidate.

After meeting with her, I met with another manager. We ended up talking about 45 minutes about social media, and had great conversation. Again, he did not really ask any specific questions, we just chatted. I thought everything went really well, and they said they would let me know within a couple of days.

Surprisingly, I heard back the next day! Unfortunately, they had chosen someone else for the position. However, the manager said she really enjoyed meeting with me, and would keep me in mind for future positions.

Even though I was not offered the position, I enjoyed coming in to see the offices. In addition, I really appreciate the prompt response to all of my e-mails, and feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions