National Geographic Channel Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Geographic Channel

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Geographic Channel (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online through the Fox career portal. I applied to multiple positions. In about a week, I received a follow up email and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was nothing out of the ordinary and mainly allowed me to walk the interviewer through my past experiences. Some follow up questions asked about my skills that were specific to the position. The interviewer was incredibly personable and made the interview feel more like a conversation. I heard back in a week and was offered the position. I did not negotiate pay.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions out of the ordinary. Generally asked to describe experiences through open ended conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Geographic Channel (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

A few weeks after applying online, I interviewed with two departments at the channel, and both were very similar. I came into the headquarters for an in-person interview that lasted about 30 minutes with two people from each department. They were very friendly, and the interview was more like a conversation than anything else. A lot of talk about television, especially what's on the channel, but also what's off the channel. Within a week, I had heard from one department, and took that offer before I heard from the other department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Geographic Channel (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't extremely long. It was the typical length. I had a phone interview with an HR rep and then a final interview with the managers. They were very nice. Within a couple days they emailed me that I had the position. The questions weren't extremely difficult. They basically ask you to highlight your experience whether it be professional or educational. You don't always have to talk about internship or volunteer experience. To answer one of their questions I referenced my experience as a Resident Assistant in college. So, think outside of the box. It can go a long way.

Social Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Geographic Channel (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

I found the position for the freelance social media associate position through mediabistro.com. To apply, all I had to do was send my resume and a cover letter to their e-mail. Although I didn't receive a confirmation, about a week after I sent my message, I received an e-mail asking me to come in for an in-person interview. When I came in for the interview, I first had a 10 minute meeting with the manager of the department. She asked me to tell her about myself and explain my resume. She then explained what they were looking for in a candidate. After meeting with her, I met with another manager. We ended up talking about 45 minutes about social media, and had great conversation. Again, he did not really ask any specific questions, we just chatted. I thought everything went really well, and they said they would let me know within a couple of days. Surprisingly, I heard back the next day! Unfortunately, they had chosen someone else for the position. However, the manager said she really enjoyed meeting with me, and would keep me in mind for future positions. Even though I was not offered the position, I enjoyed coming in to see the offices. In addition, I really appreciate the prompt response to all of my e-mails, and feedback after the interview.

Promo Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Geographic Channel (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview with less than 48 hours notice, and bring my showreel along. The interview lasted almost an hour chatting through the role and responsibilities, they are very thorough in their selection process. The next step would be a small editing "test" where different candidates would cut together a short 30 second promo from a one minute clip. It was fun, I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you an extrovert or an introvert?   1 Answer