National Geographic Channel

www.natgeotv.com

National Geographic Channel Social Media Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Associate Interview

Social Media Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Geographic Channel in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found the position for the freelance social media associate position through mediabistro.com. To apply, all I had to do was send my resume and a cover letter to their e-mail. Although I didn't receive a confirmation, about a week after I sent my message, I received an e-mail asking me to come in for an in-person interview.

When I came in for the interview, I first had a 10 minute meeting with the manager of the department. She asked me to tell her about myself and explain my resume. She then explained what they were looking for in a candidate.

After meeting with her, I met with another manager. We ended up talking about 45 minutes about social media, and had great conversation. Again, he did not really ask any specific questions, we just chatted. I thought everything went really well, and they said they would let me know within a couple of days.

Surprisingly, I heard back the next day! Unfortunately, they had chosen someone else for the position. However, the manager said she really enjoyed meeting with me, and would keep me in mind for future positions.

Even though I was not offered the position, I enjoyed coming in to see the offices. In addition, I really appreciate the prompt response to all of my e-mails, and feedback after the interview.

Interview Question – What are your favorite social media networks?   Answer Question

Worked for National Geographic Channel? Contribute to the Community!