National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Source Directorate Internship Interview

Source Directorate Internship

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in November 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application in September, received an e-mail requesting a phone interview at the end of November. The interview itself consisted of 4 behavioral-based questions in front of a panel of five NGA agents. After hearing nothing for a month and a half, I finally received a rejection email.

Interview Question – Describe a time when…..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

GEOINT Analyst Interview

GEOINT Analyst

Interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency

Interview Details – I applied as an intern, where I only needed to submit a resume, transcript, and cover letter. If your application is selected for a position, you are then subject to a background investigation that involves a background investigator visiting your friends, family, neighbors and yourself, a polygraph, and drug testing.

If you do well as an intern, you are non-competitively converted to a regular employee.

Geospatial Data Steward Interview

Geospatial Data Steward
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview Details – Met with a representative on campus. Then went online and applied. Received an information packet and date for a group interview session in Bethesda.

The interview was pretty painless and quick. They went over your resume, asked a few questions about things like how your organize yourself and how you deal with diversity.

Interview Question – How do you deal with diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question

Geodetic Surveyor Interview

Geodetic Surveyor

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in October 2013.

Interview Details – After a very long wait( 2 months), after the job posting; I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call with a four person panel and each could ask 1 question. I was asked questions about my experience supervising and hiring personnel, basic surveying knowledge.

Interview Question – How to manage situations when a subordinate was not willing to get the job done.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in March 2010.

Interview Details – The request for an interview was sent to me two months after I applied. An offer was extended to me 2 weeks after the interview. The interview itself was not difficult. I applied prior to Knowledge Skills and Ability's (KSA’s) being taken out of the process. My KSA response was very detailed regarding the type of work I have performed, my experience, and qualifications. During the interview, I was asked briefly about the type of work I am currently performing and my work in the past. However, I was not grilled about Regulations or any difficult technical questions. The rest of the interview was questions such as "If I asked a co-worker about you, how would they describe you?" Another question was "What are your strengths". Of course I received the usual question "Why NGA?". The best advice I can give to anyone looking to join NGA is be patient with the process. Also review the website and Employment FAQs. It does take a lot of time. From application to start date, my timeline has been 10 months. Everyone is different but my timeline was 2 months interview request received, 2 weeks offer made, 1 month for clearance to start, 1 month to complete the clearance, 2 months for adjudication of clearance, approx 4 months for placement/start date.

Interview Question – If I asked a co-worker about you, how would they describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate. The offer made to me was very fair. Prior to my interview I had to submit paystubs from my current job. The offer made to me was 5% above my pay.

Worked for National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency? Contribute to the Community!