National Grid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid.

Interview

A group panel asked several questions about knowledge and experience in the field of engineering. They were very laid back and really wanted to get to know who I was as a person. They looked for confidence and intelligence more so than real world experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in power systems?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with 3 different employees from lower to upper management. The questions were normal for an interview and allowed for further conversation. The interview with the 3 employees were all within the same day and same room. They did their best to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• E.G. Explain one or two challenges you faced in a previous role and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call for a screening from a analyst then scheduled a in person interview. after the interview i was contacted by HR for college transcripts and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with pivot tables and do you know how to insert a V-lookup formula   1 Answer

Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The first round was a very basic phone interview. Grid hires their interns in January early February, so be prepared to comit to a position early in the season. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of behavioral analysis. I also had a face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes and was basically the managers getting to know me and my experience, and further explainig the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications and experience do you have that will make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid in January 2014.

Interview

the company appears to have great benefits and the people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to National Grid?   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and not too much feedback during the entire process. Left you guessing on status. Was a little bit sterile and way too focused on specific scenario questions. Not enough discussion about the position, just questions about previous scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Too many specific scenario questions that without knowing their policies are tough to answer.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I got called to schedule an onsite interview. It was brief interview for no more than an hour with two of the yard supervisors. Asked mostly behavioral questions about managing others and dealing with workplace stress and the stressful employees.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Terrible - it took a few months just to get me into the system. And they gave VERY limited options for taking the mandatory drug test (which was told to you at the very last second).

Interview Questions

• What would make you work harder than the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Mechanical/Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Grid (Long Island City, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

interviewed by a hiring manager and an engineer together, asked six very formal STAR questions. They took notes when I was talking. Questions including: Most challengeable task you have ever done. Irreasonable&/or impossible task What if your work has been plagiarized by others? How do you motivate others How do you get accustomed in a new working environment? How do you work well with others?

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when your work has been plagiarized by others.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Grid (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially applied online but had an employee referral. I received an email notifying me that I was being considered for the position and that I should forward my availability for a phone interview. The phone interview was between me and three managers at National Grid. We did a conference call where they each alternated asking me questions. The questions were behavioral. After I did well enough on the phone, I was asked to come by a location for an in person, one on one interview and I was given a specific time to show up. Similar to the phone conversation, the questions were behavioral. Some of the questions were the same but, unlike the phone interview, there was a good deal of small talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you experienced a problem in a team environment. Why are you interested in this position? What is your greatest strength/weakness? How have you dealt with a conflict in the workplace. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question