National Grid USA Marketing Strategy Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at National Grid USA in March 2012.

First contact came from a contracted recruiter by phone. He conducted a brief phone screen and said he would recommend me to the HR manager. Within a week, the hiring manager called me to set up an in-person interview with herself and one of her colleagues from a related department. This first interview was very challenging as it focused on my technical skills and experiences. I was asked to give examples of situations in which I successfully performed tasks and solved problems similar to those required by the job at hand. A few weeks later I hadn't heard anything and wrote to the hiring manager to inquire. I heard nothing for two weeks after that and assumed I was no longer being considered. Finally I received an email from the hiring manager requesting another interview with her and another senior colleague by phone. That interview was easier and more laid back, as they were trying to figure out if I would be a good personality/work style fit for the team. Within a week, I received another email from the hiring manager asking for a third interview with herself and yet another senior colleague by phone in the same week. I could tell that they were eager to fill to position with this more aggressive timeline. The third interview was much like the second. I received a job offer from HR the same day of my final interview.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time when you had to find and utilize both primary and secondary data sources, and also internal and external data sources, to analyze and find insights.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you used primary research to affect change in your organization.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate any terms of the offer because the offer exceeded my expectations. National Grid did a great job to get it right the first time. The job, salary, and benefits were great.

Worked for National Grid USA? Contribute to the Community!