National Guard Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

Interview

No interview or hiring process. Must qualified by meeting the age, educational and criminal background and physical assessment examination qualifications. If you meet the basic requirement its a paper process and you will not be denied enlistment into the program. After enlistment all applicants must attend basic training and their job skill training to completed the initial entry phase for employment.

Information Systems Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Guard (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You must board to get into the system, the board can be intimidating if you did not study for it. You will interview with 3 or 4 different people of various ranks, stay calm and answer their questions to the best of your ability, do not BS your answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do you, if you came under fire and you're in charge of your squad?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Guard (Lansing, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on usajobs.gov in October 2013... Received a call in January 2014 to schedule an interview for the following week. The interview was a five panel interview... (very different and a bit intimidating) First was asked numerous questions about my secretarial experience and the way I interact customers, problem solving, etc etc. the basics..........The interview lasted for about 15 minutes and every single attendee asked different questions

Interview Questions

• The were about 5 unexpected questions I had. I do not remember exactly what it was but it went something like "what is the title 00A1 regulation for DD23?" something really technical like that o_O ummm idk. Then interviewers knew I didn't know either I think that was more directed to the internal candidates.   1 Answer

Military Police Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Guard.

Interview

First you have a phone interview to make sure that you qualify, including height/weight ratio, criminal background history, medical conditions, etc.. Then you take the ASVAB.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The better you do on the ASVAB the better chance you have to select a desirable position.

Transportation Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Guard in May 2013.

Interview

Took ASVAB and met with Training Officer. The questions weren't hard, but I had to know why I wanted to be an officer. It was good information and I did well.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be an officer and similar questions to that.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Guard.

Interview

Was able to do a phone interview since I was in another state at the time. Cost-saving was appreciated by each of us for sure. Very professionally conducted. Regulations were covered but the main thrust of the interview was spent asking what my motivation level was and why I thought that I would be a productive recruiter in a brand new area.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to locate to any area within the entire state.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a specific city within the state. Salary was already set based on grade and time in service.

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Guard (Honolulu, HI) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to put together an extensive packet including your previous experience, letters of recommendations, AFAST test scores, etc.After the packet was complete there were two separate boards. One of which was a local aviation board to see if you will be a good fit. The second was a federal recognition board to see if the federal government concurred. After passing the boards, you have to wait for a school date which can take some time. I was in school within two months of the completion of the process.

Interview Questions

• There is a good chance you will deploy, are you ok with getting shot at.   1 Answer

Military Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Guard (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process begins when you first enter the military with a recruiter. The recruiter gives you an aptitude test to see where you would best fit in the military. Then you get a physical to make sure you meet the health criteria. A background check is conducted to find any criminal history. After all that, then you begin to look at career options if you passed the minimum criteria for any positions in the military.

Interview Questions

• Once I cleared all of the basic criteria, they asked if I was interested in any specific military occupational skill.   1 Answer

Health Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Guard (Annville, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a military board with three board members. All three must out-rank the applicant. Minority applicants must be represented on the board. The board asks you for questions regarding the duties of the position along with general military knowledge questions and questions on current events.

Interview Questions

• Current events questions always get me as I do not watch the news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Aircraft Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Guard (Boise, ID) in October 2009.

Interview

Just go down and speak with your local recruter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no navigations. Simply an enlistment process