National Health Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Health Service (DuBois, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Health Service in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Risk Governance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Health Service (Newbury, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through agency. Arranged interview. Been to interview today. Interviewed by risk governance officer. Simple straight forward questions. Enjoyed the conversation with her. Mostly customer service based questions with ice breaker. Please read the role description and your cv.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Isnt any

Project Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Health Service (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I filled an online application for with all my details . I was called for an interview within two weeks.It was a panel interview consisting of two people , one of which i was to replace. It went well, normal admin questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role? Tell me about a time when you worked under pressure , how did you handle it? How would you know you would be successful in this role?   1 Answer

Radiographer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Health Service.

Interview

Interview for senior post. Panel of 2 interviewers. Was intense interview with a lot of aggressive questioning. Asked about ten questions. Really made me nervous initially and got better ad it went on. No scenario questions. Judged on application as well as answering interview question. It was two weeks notice before the interview

Interview Questions

• Given the opportunity to run the department for a day what do you do   1 Answer

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Health Service in May 2015.

Interview

Standard NHS online application - I applied ages before closing date so it was a while before I got contacted for interview. Test - Conducted in fairly busy waiting room for pharmacy arithmatic. Easy with experience. Interview - 3:1. Had a nice chat, they were friendly and questions were pretty easy for someone with my experience. Standard questions as well as some scenarios.

Clinical Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Health Service (Lancaster, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was an overall positive experience. There were a large group of us waiting to be interviewed and they called us in one by one for a 10 minute interview with 2 people questioning. The questions were a mix of competency based questions and also scenario based questions asking how you would react to certain situations on the hospital wards. There were no tasks involved and after the interview we were asked to leave the room for 2 minutes and then asked back in, where they told us the outcome of our interview.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take if you saw somebody fall on the ward?   Answer Question

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Health Service (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Without filling detailed application form (incl. STRONG supporting statement) one can forget about being invited to the interview (talking from external candidate perspective without prior NHS experience). Received a text message about interview (1.5 days notice!, so if I was in employment it might have been difficult to accommodate) and replied to email to confirm my attendance. Was allocated time slot (the message said - first come first serve, so replied within 30 mins). *Interview: First part was a test: a) read a page long document and summarise it in bullet points for briefing; b) mixed dates and list of tasks (perhaps names too but don't remember) to be put in order for planning a project in NHS environment (it pays off to know average time scale for consulting with stakeholders etc. and know about NHS projects) *Interview: panel interview - 2 people, formal, answering questions while both were taking notes. After the interview: I was not seen off to the door as a previous candidate was (I could see it from the reception while was waiting for my time slot) but shown where to go. I received no answer regarding the outcome of the interview at all. I also received no reply to my email asking for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• How did you track project progress? How do you prioritise? Organising and facilitating meetings?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Health Service (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Application form: standard Online tests: personality, situational judgement, numerical and verbal Interview: basic competency questions with senior managers. They require very detailed answers so really think about why you want this job and make sure you prepare using the leadership framework

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions: very detailed and they really want to know what you did Why nhs? Why this scheme? Insufficient to just give a general answer   Answer Question

Clinical Manager NEMS Notts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Health Service (Nottingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Ambiguous non-clinical questions that seemed devoid of any clinical compassion towards staff and patient's. Not at all patient focussed and the whole process seemed 'flat' with complex questions from the Chief Executive who hardly smiled. Very unnerving and disheartening. I knew that I hadn't got the job almost as soon as I entered the room...I could just tell. The person that got the job was actually waiting outside in a fairly busy office dressed in jeans but obviously observing the 'competition', again not appropriate and very unsettling.

Interview Questions

• How would you reject a service that you felt was innapropriate by the Commisioners?   1 Answer