National HealthCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Dietary Manager Interview

Certified Dietary Manager
Largo, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National HealthCare.

Interview Details – Interviewed the old fashion way with a application and a resume. Met with the Administrator and was given a tour and another interview was then set.

Interview Question – How well do one deal with conflicts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – That I would not take a pay cut and the negotiation at first was I was not aware of the bonus programs and to ask in case a company does have this for work performance.

Director of Social Services Interview

Director of Social Services

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National HealthCare in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. 1st with admin. 2nd with admin, corporate rep and DON.

Negotiation Details – did not offer any opportunity to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Director of Rehabilitation Interview

Director of Rehabilitation
Dickson, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National HealthCare in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had multiple interviews with the center senior leaders and regional leaders.

Negotiation Details – yes, I was able to negotiate. they were able to meet me half way

Very Easy Interview

Book Keeper Interview

Book Keeper
Saint Charles, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National HealthCare in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had to go into the office to put in an application which seemed odd to me being that so much is online these days. I filled it out using an employee referral and within a week got a call from the hiring manager to schedule an interview. I scheduled one, but when the interview day came, I actually got a phone call from the hiring manager who wanted to speak with me about my expectations for the position. We talked and he asked what kind of salary I was looking for. I told him that I was negotiable and he said that he did not want to low ball me being that I have an MBA. I asked him what the salary was and sure enough, it was very low and I declined to be considered for the position. He told me about how it would be a promotion for the other candidate who he was considering and a demotion for me. He told me about the opportunities in healthcare and then invited me to apply for another position in the future that more suited my skill set. I did appreciate his honesty and calling me ahead of time before I drove to the interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The offer was way below what I was looking for - only $12 to $15 an hour plus occasional weekend work which I did not want to do.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National HealthCare interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by National HealthCare employees and interview candidates.