National Heritage Academies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.6

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

First impression of student behavior in hallways was very good leading me to expect the same within the individual classrooms. Unfortunately, as I toured the school, I could hear teachers screaming at their students and saw kids in the classrooms running around. It looked like very little learning was being accomplished. After my tour, I almost did not want to interview for the position but changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• I was expected to know items specific to the area that the school was servicing. Since I am not from the Detroit area, I did not know that the school was within close proximity to some projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was offered 39000 the first year and another offer for 40000 the second year.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Heritage Academies (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

20 minutes max, the Principal and another teacher. My resume was reviewed, and a few questions were asked. I did not teach a lesson, and was not given a tour of the school or anything.

Afterwards, I got a call from an NHA recruiter. She asked me a few more questions, and then told me my starting salary. Negotiate! I said I would not take less than a certain amount, and got a 4,000 increase. She called me back after "confirming" she could offer me that. When she did, I accepted. I then did a background and drug test and a few days later got an email saying they were excited to have me as part of the staff. I never signed a contract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a positive behavior reward system that you would implement.

Tell me about a difficult student you have had, and what did you do?

Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal and 2 deans
    For me it was more like a conversation than a interview

Interview Questions

• If you were any kind of animal what should you be and why?   Answer Question

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Heritage Academies (Gary, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is easy and relaxing. Your initial interview will be over the phone. Your second is in the building and the third portion is a written test. The interview questions are about instruction and classroom management. The interviewers are the principal, DSQ and other deans. They may add a few teachers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question is the following: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

okay

Student Recruitment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Heritage Academies in December 2012.

Interview

First, round on the phone with a recruiter. Next a call with the hiring manager. After that a face to face interview with the hiring manager and maybe the principal of the school you'll support. Then there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• Know about education and the demographics of the school you'll be supporting. Tune into NHA's four pillars, moral focus, and the NHA culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Here's your salary, here's your start date...

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Heritage Academies (Durham, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Very good interview with principal. Up-to-date facility

Interview Questions

Hourly rate much too low based on my education and experience

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Heritage Academies (Plymouth, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Postings in house then posted out side. Then fill out online application. Take aptitude test and if the fit is good, an interview is extended. The interview is conducted. Administration then alerts HR at corporate and an offer is then extended to the person.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle distraught people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a transfer from another school

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Heritage Academies (Detroit, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screen by Talent Acquisition Rep. Phone screen with Admissions Manager. Met with principal and Admissions Manager. Reviewed resume, looked at data, discussed job qualifications, received tour of school. Follow-up conversation with Admissions Manager. Offered job via email letter. Accepted offer, filled out paperwork online and conducted orientation online. Onboarding conducted by Admssions Manager at work location through a series of meetings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Every new hire in this department is part-time hourly and starts at the same rate.

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2008.

Interview

The offered a trial period with sub pay. Based on a few days they offered yet another trial period. They expected someone in this position to manage the classroom better than the already hired teachers, even on the first day with the students. This (theoretically) meant complete and utter control over almost the whole student body. The claim was that the hired teachers had supreme control, as well as stellar entertainment value in the classroom to keep the students interested. This I did not see for most teachers. Most were no different than anywhere else I taught. I did see humiliation of students with in your face yelling.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions.   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Heritage Academies in September 2009.

Interview

Interviewer was kind and courteous. Asked many questions about philosophy of education, experience, background, hypotheticals. Interview went well, was told if I did not hear by the end of the week to call him. I did not so I called and left many messages. Messages were never returned. The interview itself and the interviewer were very professionally conducted, but I wish he had followed up with me with either an e-mail or a phone call.

Interview Questions

• There was a question regarding how I would be able to step into a job after the school year had already begun.   Answer Question