National Heritage Academies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registrar Interview

Registrar
Plymouth, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in March 2012.

Interview Details – Postings in house then posted out side. Then fill out online application. Take aptitude test and if the fit is good, an interview is extended. The interview is conducted. Administration then alerts HR at corporate and an offer is then extended to the person.

Interview Question – How do you handle distraught people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a transfer from another school

Very Easy Interview

Dean of Students Interview

Dean of Students
Gary, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is easy and relaxing. Your initial interview will be over the phone. Your second is in the building and the third portion is a written test. The interview questions are about instruction and classroom management. The interviewers are the principal, DSQ and other deans. They may add a few teachers.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question is the following: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – okay

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the principal and 2 deans
For me it was more like a conversation than a interview

Interview Question – If you were any kind of animal what should you be and why?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Paraprofessional
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very good interview with principal. Up-to-date facility

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hourly rate much too low based on my education and experience

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen by Talent Acquisition Rep. Phone screen with Admissions Manager. Met with principal and Admissions Manager. Reviewed resume, looked at data, discussed job qualifications, received tour of school. Follow-up conversation with Admissions Manager. Offered job via email letter. Accepted offer, filled out paperwork online and conducted orientation online. Onboarding conducted by Admssions Manager at work location through a series of meetings.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Every new hire in this department is part-time hourly and starts at the same rate.

Music Teacher Interview

Music Teacher

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2008.

Interview Details – The offered a trial period with sub pay. Based on a few days they offered yet another trial period. They expected someone in this position to manage the classroom better than the already hired teachers, even on the first day with the students. This (theoretically) meant complete and utter control over almost the whole student body. The claim was that the hired teachers had supreme control, as well as stellar entertainment value in the classroom to keep the students interested. This I did not see for most teachers. Most were no different than anywhere else I taught. I did see humiliation of students with in your face yelling.

Interview Question – There were no unusual questions.   View Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Elementary Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer was kind and courteous. Asked many questions about philosophy of education, experience, background, hypotheticals. Interview went well, was told if I did not hear by the end of the week to call him. I did not so I called and left many messages. Messages were never returned. The interview itself and the interviewer were very professionally conducted, but I wish he had followed up with me with either an e-mail or a phone call.

Interview Question – There was a question regarding how I would be able to step into a job after the school year had already begun.   Answer Question

Worked for National Heritage Academies? Contribute to the Community!