National Heritage Academies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.5

Specials Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies in April 2015.

Interview

Interview 1: The recruiter was very helpful. She gave me advice for ways to prepare for the second interview. She explained the job, school, salary, and benefits. Within a week I received a call from the principal with an invitation to come in for an interview. Interview 2: The principal and one dean met with me. They were pleasant and thorough. I sensed an immediate rapport with both of them. Within a week I received an email inviting me back for a brief meeting with other faculty. Interview 3: I was placed in a room with several other people, who I assumed were faculty. They were applicants for other positions at the school. I was called back to a different room and met with two specials teachers. The interview lastest about ten minutes and I was cut off in the middle of my answer because another applicant was ready to come in. As I was leaving I spoke briefly to the principal, who said there was one more step in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your classroom management style?   1 Answer

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

First impression of student behavior in hallways was very good leading me to expect the same within the individual classrooms. Unfortunately, as I toured the school, I could hear teachers screaming at their students and saw kids in the classrooms running around. It looked like very little learning was being accomplished. After my tour, I almost did not want to interview for the position but changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• I was expected to know items specific to the area that the school was servicing. Since I am not from the Detroit area, I did not know that the school was within close proximity to some projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was offered 39000 the first year and another offer for 40000 the second year.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

20 minutes max, the Principal and another teacher. My resume was reviewed, and a few questions were asked. I did not teach a lesson, and was not given a tour of the school or anything. Afterwards, I got a call from an NHA recruiter. She asked me a few more questions, and then told me my starting salary. Negotiate! I said I would not take less than a certain amount, and got a 4,000 increase. She called me back after "confirming" she could offer me that. When she did, I accepted. I then did a background and drug test and a few days later got an email saying they were excited to have me as part of the staff. I never signed a contract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a positive behavior reward system that you would implement. Tell me about a difficult student you have had, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Durham, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the dean and all the principals. Basic teaching style questions were asked: differentiation, student engagement, and classroom management. The principal and deans asked me questions and then I was taking on a tour of the school. I was also asked how I learned about the position.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal and 2 deans For me it was more like a conversation than a interview

Interview Questions

• If you were any kind of animal what should you be and why?   Answer Question

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Gary, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is easy and relaxing. Your initial interview will be over the phone. Your second is in the building and the third portion is a written test. The interview questions are about instruction and classroom management. The interviewers are the principal, DSQ and other deans. They may add a few teachers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question is the following: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

okay

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies in December 2012.

Interview

First, round on the phone with a recruiter. Next a call with the hiring manager. After that a face to face interview with the hiring manager and maybe the principal of the school you'll support. Then there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• Know about education and the demographics of the school you'll be supporting. Tune into NHA's four pillars, moral focus, and the NHA culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Here's your salary, here's your start date...

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Durham, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Very good interview with principal. Up-to-date facility

Interview Questions

Hourly rate much too low based on my education and experience

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Plymouth, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Postings in house then posted out side. Then fill out online application. Take aptitude test and if the fit is good, an interview is extended. The interview is conducted. Administration then alerts HR at corporate and an offer is then extended to the person.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle distraught people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a transfer from another school

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Detroit, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screen by Talent Acquisition Rep. Phone screen with Admissions Manager. Met with principal and Admissions Manager. Reviewed resume, looked at data, discussed job qualifications, received tour of school. Follow-up conversation with Admissions Manager. Offered job via email letter. Accepted offer, filled out paperwork online and conducted orientation online. Onboarding conducted by Admssions Manager at work location through a series of meetings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Every new hire in this department is part-time hourly and starts at the same rate.