National Heritage Academies Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in March 2012.

Postings in house then posted out side. Then fill out online application. Take aptitude test and if the fit is good, an interview is extended. The interview is conducted. Administration then alerts HR at corporate and an offer is then extended to the person.

Interview Questions
    It was a transfer from another school

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gary, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in July 2013.

The interview process is easy and relaxing. Your initial interview will be over the phone. Your second is in the building and the third portion is a written test. The interview questions are about instruction and classroom management. The interviewers are the principal, DSQ and other deans. They may add a few teachers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question is the following: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    okay

Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interviewed with the principal and 2 deans
    For me it was more like a conversation than a interview

Interview Questions
    • If you were any kind of animal what should you be and why?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2012.

Very good interview with principal. Up-to-date facility

Interview Questions

Hourly rate much too low based on my education and experience

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in January 2010.

Phone screen by Talent Acquisition Rep. Phone screen with Admissions Manager. Met with principal and Admissions Manager. Reviewed resume, looked at data, discussed job qualifications, received tour of school. Follow-up conversation with Admissions Manager. Offered job via email letter. Accepted offer, filled out paperwork online and conducted orientation online. Onboarding conducted by Admssions Manager at work location through a series of meetings.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Every new hire in this department is part-time hourly and starts at the same rate.

Music Teacher Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2008.

The offered a trial period with sub pay. Based on a few days they offered yet another trial period. They expected someone in this position to manage the classroom better than the already hired teachers, even on the first day with the students. This (theoretically) meant complete and utter control over almost the whole student body. The claim was that the hired teachers had supreme control, as well as stellar entertainment value in the classroom to keep the students interested. This I did not see for most teachers. Most were no different than anywhere else I taught. I did see humiliation of students with in your face yelling.

Elementary Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at National Heritage Academies in September 2009.

Interviewer was kind and courteous. Asked many questions about philosophy of education, experience, background, hypotheticals. Interview went well, was told if I did not hear by the end of the week to call him. I did not so I called and left many messages. Messages were never returned. The interview itself and the interviewer were very professionally conducted, but I wish he had followed up with me with either an e-mail or a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question regarding how I would be able to step into a job after the school year had already begun.   Answer Question

Worked for National Heritage Academies? Contribute to the Community!