National Heritage Academies Music Teacher Interview Questions

3.5

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

First impression of student behavior in hallways was very good leading me to expect the same within the individual classrooms. Unfortunately, as I toured the school, I could hear teachers screaming at their students and saw kids in the classrooms running around. It looked like very little learning was being accomplished. After my tour, I almost did not want to interview for the position but changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• I was expected to know items specific to the area that the school was servicing. Since I am not from the Detroit area, I did not know that the school was within close proximity to some projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was offered 39000 the first year and another offer for 40000 the second year.

Other Interview Reviews for National Heritage Academies

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2008.

Interview

The offered a trial period with sub pay. Based on a few days they offered yet another trial period. They expected someone in this position to manage the classroom better than the already hired teachers, even on the first day with the students. This (theoretically) meant complete and utter control over almost the whole student body. The claim was that the hired teachers had supreme control, as well as stellar entertainment value in the classroom to keep the students interested. This I did not see for most teachers. Most were no different than anywhere else I taught. I did see humiliation of students with in your face yelling.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions.   1 Answer