National Hispanic University Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Hispanic University

Credential Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Hispanic University (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was very east going interview because I knew the hiring manager I had worked in the same department as her in another company.

Interview Questions

• To me interview questions are not to hard if you research the company and prepare yourself for the interview. So I don't have any hard questions to speak of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was fine

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Hispanic University (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I replied to an online ad and initially received a reply that the position was filled. Some weeks later I received a callback to inquire if I was still interested (which I was!). I provided the requested application materials and came in for an interview. The interview was friendly and straightforward. The family atmosphere at NHU came through right from the start.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, a standard salary table is used based on pay per unit of course credit.

Contributing Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Hispanic University (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Job posted on the website. Submitted application online. After two weeks,HR contacted applicant through phone and email. Interview was scheduled after a week. Paperworks signing after 2 weeks.

Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Hispanic University (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted my résumé, received a call a few weeks later and was asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple, just a screening to see if I was eligible. I was then asked to schedule an in house interview. This consisted of a panel of 3. None of the questions were too difficult.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty typical. (Describe accomplishments, difficulties, multitasking/prioritizing)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. I did have a vacation previously planned and they accommodated.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Hispanic University (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

HR friendly and professional. Online application through larger parent organization. Paperwork and hiring took a few weeks, with background check and references. There was some phone interviewing, then a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were systematic and did not throw curve balls. Seems to me the question they wanted to understand is if temporary faculty were prepared to teach Hispanic students who may have jobs, be stressed, etc.   1 Answer

The rate of pay offered was substantially lower than I normally earn, it is not competitive with other Northern California temporary faculty salaries. As a private school, part of Laureate Education, and with students who need attention to succeed, they need excellent teachers and they will not keep them if they are poorly paid. The pay rate does not include class prep and grading assignments. Is an adjunct supposed to walk in unprepared, or grade homework without being paid for it?