National Hispanic University

Very Easy Interview

Credential Analyst Interview

Credential Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Hispanic University.

Interview Details – It was very east going interview because I knew the hiring manager I had worked in the same department as her in another company.

Interview Question – To me interview questions are not to hard if you research the company and prepare yourself for the interview. So I don't have any hard questions to speak of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was fine

Faculty Interview

Faculty
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Hispanic University in August 2012.

Interview Details – I replied to an online ad and initially received a reply that the position was filled. Some weeks later I received a callback to inquire if I was still interested (which I was!). I provided the requested application materials and came in for an interview. The interview was friendly and straightforward. The family atmosphere at NHU came through right from the start.

Interview Question – I don't recall a difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, a standard salary table is used based on pay per unit of course credit.

Admissions Specialist Interview

Admissions Specialist
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Hispanic University in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my résumé, received a call a few weeks later and was asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple, just a screening to see if I was eligible. I was then asked to schedule an in house interview.
This consisted of a panel of 3. None of the questions were
too difficult.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty typical. (Describe accomplishments, difficulties, multitasking/prioritizing)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. I did have a vacation previously planned and they accommodated.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Hispanic University in July 2011.

Interview Details – HR friendly and professional. Online application through larger parent organization. Paperwork and hiring took a few weeks, with background check and references. There was some phone interviewing, then a follow up.

Interview Question – Interviewers were systematic and did not throw curve balls. Seems to me the question they wanted to understand is if temporary faculty were prepared to teach Hispanic students who may have jobs, be stressed, etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The rate of pay offered was substantially lower than I normally earn, it is not competitive with other Northern California temporary faculty salaries. As a private school, part of Laureate Education, and with students who need attention to succeed, they need excellent teachers and they will not keep them if they are poorly paid. The pay rate does not include class prep and grading assignments. Is an adjunct supposed to walk in unprepared, or grade homework without being paid for it?

Contributing Faculty Interview

Contributing Faculty
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Hispanic University in July 2012.

Interview Details – Job posted on the website. Submitted application online. After two weeks,HR contacted applicant through phone and email. Interview was scheduled after a week. Paperworks signing after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How to deal with unmotivated students?   Answer Question

Worked for National Hispanic University? Contribute to the Community!