National Income Life

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

1.8

Benefits Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Income Life in November 2014.

I received a call from someone stating that they had seen my resume online and were interested in meeting with me regarding a Benefits Coordinator position and briefly described the position. I immediately stated if this was a commission based sales position I was not interested. I was told no it was not. I then asked if this was a salaried position, I was told yes, but they did not have the details in front of them and the interviewer would go over that.

Interview Questions
    • There are three steps to the interview process. They do not go over any salary details with you in the first round, the interviewer stated that the third round of interviews was when they would go over salary details.   View Answer

I declined due to the fact that I was mislead about the position I was being brought in to interview for.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Income Life in July 2014.

Hit off monster, called set up an interview for a position not bases on commission (yeh right). I figured I'd go in for the experience , had a presentation on the computer ready to go. Fill out a sheet of paper asking about goals, experience, what you look for in a job. Only 4-5 questions asked. Took about an hour total. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • What job characteristics are you looking to avoid?   View Answer

Commission based, I know a bunch of people who work or have worked there, some have done well for themselves. Long hours, benefits not guaranteed, ect.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Income Life in July 2014.

I experienced three interviews. The first interview invitation came from an unexpected phone call. I took the interview with a supervisor in their office. The question is very basic and simple. The second interview is on the next day, as a presentation given by two employees. They talked about their business model and compensation plans. The third interview is based on the presentation.

Interview Questions

I like their business model, but I heard they cheated the clients and employees.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Income Life in May 2014.

They hire anyone looking for an office job with room for advancement; then sell them on the sales stull with promises of hard work and training, but the training only works if you don't care about being honest with people.

Interview Questions
    • None.
      They don't care much what you say if you're willing to get licensed to sell Life Insurance and go through their training, which costs you a lot of time ad some money and costs them very little.
        Answer Question
    Run away as fast as you can unless you don't care about being honest with people. They do occasionally turn down an applicant, but those are the lucky ones!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Income Life.

First, Manager will talk to you individually, ask few questions. Most are general interview questions, ask your experience, motivation, etc. Then they will ask you to join a group to listen to a presentation, basically tell you how their company work, some useful information about this position. After you complete a questionnaire, you are free to go.

Interview Questions

Just sales job, they do not speak clearly earlier.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Income Life in March 2014.

I was called by Matt about a position in management for the Romeo Harding Group of National Income. I was hesitant because I've never heard of the company. Matt was very thorough and I could tell her really believed in the company so I figured what have I got to lose? So I went and sure enough, it ended up being what Matt had said and they didn't expect me to give names and numbers like other companies and I was blown away by their marketing model, pay structures, and advancement opportunities. I was called back on Thursday night and was offered the position Friday! I accepted and will be starting training in 2 weeks after my two weeks notice is up with my current employer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you motivated by money or recognition?   View Answer

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Income Life in February 2014.

3 steps, if you are dressed decently, they will call you and offer you a job.
    DO NOT TAKE IT!
    Working for NILICO should only be a "worst-case" scenario.
    Worst management I've ever seen its actually pathetic. READ FOR EXPLANATION!!!!!
    The regional director is some kid who schemed his way to a six income salary one year.
    He hired his cousin who got laid off at a blue collar job and promoted him to MGA, aka Branch Manager.
    The cousin lets call him Masr, hired and quickly promoted another relative to GA and he is currently the only GA getting any leads for his team. He is also next in line for an MGA position.

Between all of them they have exactly 0 management experience prior to this joke of a financial service company.

Business model is made for quick turn around for their agents... meaning, they expect you to quit in under 1 year.
    They will promise good leads to get you going, LIES.
    They will promise unlimited potential, LIES.
    They promise to support you and get you going, LIES.
    They will say anything to recruit you, they get compensated for recruiting you.

Look to other companies. You can make a lot of money in Financial Services which I have done, especially if you get your series 6, 63 and work at a larger, more diverse company.

DONT DO IT

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitestone, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitestone, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Income Life in January 2014.

Don't be fooled. This is a classic pyramid scheme. I received a call from someone who wanted to set up an interview. I went and waited in a room with a bunch of other people. (By the way, the office has worn carpet and an overall dilapidated look-not professional-looking at all). When I was called in to meet with someone, he sat down with me for about 5 minutes and concluded that I would be a good fit for the company. There were no real questions asked of me. He said I should really sit in the orientation, so I did. A couple of men talked about selling their supplemental insurance and how much a "consultant" can make - I think in the end you could earn a six-figure salary. It is absurd. At one point a young man wanted to ask a question and he was not allowed to, but he spoke up anyway about the fact that they are taking advantage of people desperate for a job. He was asked to leave. Oh yeah, there's training involved that YOU have to pay for it. It's a few hundred dollars and more if you pay with a credit card.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked...just a hard sell on if you work hard you can make tons of money and the more people under you the more you make.   View Answer

Scam!

Unclear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Income Life in January 2014.

I received a call from NILICO after posting my resume on Monster; I went to the job interview knowing little about the company. First, I sat in the waiting room with about 15-20 other candidates and we were all asked to fill out questionnaires about our career goals/motivations. After we were briefly interviewed, candidates were either asked to leave or asked to wait in the next room over. A few of us trickled into the next room and after 20 or so minutes a presentation by Theodore Papas began. Theodore Papas explained the history/background of NILICO and made a lot of arguments for why we should all work there. We were also asked to complete another questionnaire while sitting in this room. Later that night, I was called for a follow up interview. I declined. I didn't want to sell life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there were no questions that were difficult or unexpected; all of the questions were very standard.   Answer Question

I didn't want to sell life insurance.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Income Life in January 2014.

Send you an email saying they are very interested in you, set up interview, don't tell you company name or any detail at all, if they like you they set you up in a room with a few other people and make you watch a slide show and boast about the company, at the end they tell you it will cost $350 to become licensed, no travel reimbursement and you have to drive your own car all over the place...good job for a single person with no life or retiree. Basically they will hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, if you have basic common sense you can do this job   Answer Question