National Indemnity Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Underwriting Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very in depth interview process. Consists of about 10 interviews, one with the vice president and and a manager from each department. Fairly in depth technical insurance questions, but the more difficult ones were the off the cuff mental math and completely random general knowledge questions.

Interview Question – What's 15% of 65? Why is a man hole cover round?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Compliance and Licensing Specialist Interview

Compliance and Licensing Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had emailed a cover letter along with my resume and was contacted within 2 days to set up a phone interview. During my phone interview, I was asked many questions about how I did in high school, my high school GPA, to rate my math skills from 1-10, ACT score, college GPA and to describe my current job. After the interview, I was told that it would be a week at the earliest before I heard back from them. I was called within 24 hours to set up an in person interview. The interview took place two days later. I took two assessments, a word problem portion and a math portion. I was given 20 minutes to complete the word problems, which were 40 analogies that were quite easy. I finished within 10 minutes and waited for the interviewer to return. I then took the math portion which was 10 minutes long and only 20 questions, I did not make it halfway through when my time ran up. After the assessment, I was provided with a detailed job description and then the interview began. There were the basic interview questions: strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.. After the interview finished up, the interviewer asked me to keep her informed of the other job prospects that I had and to email her a copy of my college transcript. I did email my transcript and received a confirmation of receipt the following day. I sent a follow up email about a week and a half after my interview to keep them in the loop about other interviews with other companies and never received a response. I did received a job offer from another company so I called National Indemnity to inquire if I was still a candidate and to let them know about the other offer. I left a message. A week goes by and I finally receive a call from HR to let me know I am not a candidate. I'm not upset that I did not get the job, I wanted it, but with the 4 weeks of silence I already knew that it wasn't going to happen. I have nothing against this company and if given the chance, would like to work for them in the future.

Interview Question – What would be your ideal career?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in May 2012.

Interview Details – I replied to an online job posting and was contacted the next day for a brief (10 min) phone interview. They soon offered a formal interview, and paid my mileage to get there. Spoke with two HR professionals, a direct department manager, and took two timed competency tests (one in math, the other had to do with patterns and relationships). Process took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – very interesting interview and interview questions , to begin with there was an IQ test , then a few rounds of non technical interviews , finally i had a technical round and a meeting with the AVP and VP.

Interview Question – how many bottles of shampoo are consumed in US per month   View Answer

Worked for National Indemnity Company? Contribute to the Community!