National Indemnity Company

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Indemnity Company

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in October 2013.

Very in depth interview process. Consists of about 10 interviews, one with the vice president and and a manager from each department. Fairly in depth technical insurance questions, but the more difficult ones were the off the cuff mental math and completely random general knowledge questions.

No negotiation.

Compliance and Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in July 2012.

I had emailed a cover letter along with my resume and was contacted within 2 days to set up a phone interview. During my phone interview, I was asked many questions about how I did in high school, my high school GPA, to rate my math skills from 1-10, ACT score, college GPA and to describe my current job. After the interview, I was told that it would be a week at the earliest before I heard back from them. I was called within 24 hours to set up an in person interview. The interview took place two days later. I took two assessments, a word problem portion and a math portion. I was given 20 minutes to complete the word problems, which were 40 analogies that were quite easy. I finished within 10 minutes and waited for the interviewer to return. I then took the math portion which was 10 minutes long and only 20 questions, I did not make it halfway through when my time ran up. After the assessment, I was provided with a detailed job description and then the interview began. There were the basic interview questions: strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.. After the interview finished up, the interviewer asked me to keep her informed of the other job prospects that I had and to email her a copy of my college transcript. I did email my transcript and received a confirmation of receipt the following day. I sent a follow up email about a week and a half after my interview to keep them in the loop about other interviews with other companies and never received a response. I did received a job offer from another company so I called National Indemnity to inquire if I was still a candidate and to let them know about the other offer. I left a message. A week goes by and I finally receive a call from HR to let me know I am not a candidate. I'm not upset that I did not get the job, I wanted it, but with the 4 weeks of silence I already knew that it wasn't going to happen. I have nothing against this company and if given the chance, would like to work for them in the future.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in May 2012.

I replied to an online job posting and was contacted the next day for a brief (10 min) phone interview. They soon offered a formal interview, and paid my mileage to get there. Spoke with two HR professionals, a direct department manager, and took two timed competency tests (one in math, the other had to do with patterns and relationships). Process took about an hour and a half.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Indemnity Company in May 2011.

very interesting interview and interview questions , to begin with there was an IQ test , then a few rounds of non technical interviews , finally i had a technical round and a meeting with the AVP and VP.

Interview Questions
    • how many bottles of shampoo are consumed in US per month   View Answer

Worked for National Indemnity Company? Contribute to the Community!