National Instruments Analog Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in May 2013.

Initial phone interview went very well. Actual interview was extremely technically challenging. I have never been through a more brutal interview process and it was very humbling.

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments.

It's a one-day interview. You will be taken to different groups and asked to solve several technical questions (make sure to get fully prepared because it's tough!). There were also several presentations introducing their company and products.

Interview Questions
    • Solve an analog circuit and sketch the frequency response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in April 2011.

Most of the questions were based on solving for the gain of cascaded BJTs. A couple of questions on diodes and opamps. Lot of emphasis on projects and questions based on that. Overall it was not a difficult interview. I screwed up because I was rusty on BJTs ...
    There were three rounds of interviews each lasting 1.5 hours. Each with a separate group within NI. Except for the first interviewer, they were friendly and helped me throughout.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2009.

Interview consists of two main parts. The first part is about past experiences and the second part is technical questions. Past experiences go through situations where you demonstrated the use of a particular skill, like debugging. The technical questions don't go into much detail unless you do very well, but cover a lot of courses.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions I got was to draw all the waveforms for a switching mode power supply.   Answer Question

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2011.

On campus interview. It was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer showed a PCB thats used in NI.He then asked resume related questions about the Projects done. Moving to a technical question, he asked about designing a logic so that three LEDs would glow in a specific order.