National Instruments

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview went very well. Actual interview was extremely technically challenging. I have never been through a more brutal interview process and it was very humbling.

Interview Question – Personal questions I thought were inappropriate   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview consists of two main parts. The first part is about past experiences and the second part is technical questions. Past experiences go through situations where you demonstrated the use of a particular skill, like debugging. The technical questions don't go into much detail unless you do very well, but cover a lot of courses.

Interview Question – One of the most difficult questions I got was to draw all the waveforms for a switching mode power supply.   Answer Question

Analog Hardware Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – It's a one-day interview. You will be taken to different groups and asked to solve several technical questions (make sure to get fully prepared because it's tough!). There were also several presentations introducing their company and products.

Interview Question – Solve an analog circuit and sketch the frequency response.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in April 2011.

Interview Details – Most of the questions were based on solving for the gain of cascaded BJTs. A couple of questions on diodes and opamps. Lot of emphasis on projects and questions based on that. Overall it was not a difficult interview. I screwed up because I was rusty on BJTs ...
There were three rounds of interviews each lasting 1.5 hours. Each with a separate group within NI. Except for the first interviewer, they were friendly and helped me throughout.

Interview Question – Gain of a three stage cascaded BJT   Answer Question

Analog Hardware Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview. It was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer showed a PCB thats used in NI.He then asked resume related questions about the Projects done. Moving to a technical question, he asked about designing a logic so that three LEDs would glow in a specific order.

Interview Question – Experience using LABVIEW   View Answer

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!